1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front screen washer jet adjustment??

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C6 Chassis)' started by Chadders, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Chadders

Chadders Member

[Nov 2, 2012]
    Can anyone tell me how to adjust the washer jets for the windscreen. I know it's a case of fine adjustment with a pin but how on earth do you get to them!! I did a search but didn't come up with anything
    Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 2, 2012]
    Hang from a door frame with about 100KG's of weight strapped to your body and stretch them arms.
  4. Chadders

Chadders Member

[Nov 2, 2012]
    Lol I knew there had to be an easy way
  5. tedward

tedward Member

[Nov 2, 2012]
    They are a piece of cake to click out of the bonnet and then you can see the jets clearley.

Just push them downwards slightly towards the Windscreen and pull the top out and pull away from the bonnet. ( done with bonnet up and from under the bonnet over engine)

Dont pull them to far out as they have washer pipe and heating wires attached, but there is enough slack wire to turn them and see h jets.
  6. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 2, 2012]
    I think he's having problems actually reaching the jets.
  7. tedward

tedward Member

[Nov 2, 2012]
    Which is why I just explained how to remove them for easier access. They are hard to reach still fitted to the bonnet.
  8. Chadders

Chadders Member

[Nov 2, 2012]
    cheers for the reply I'll have a go at removing them I guess the only issue then is getting the jet in the right place and going back and forth fitting and popping them in and out. At the mo they are just a bit to low although with all the rain might not be worth it