Front parking sensors

Josh williams

Reaction score
How are they secured? Isit part of the grill or are there brackets behind?

Reason I ask is because I have bought a black grill for my facelift s3 and just wondering if it would be a case of popping two holes in the grill? Or is the bracket actually part of the grill and it would be easier to spray my current one!

Cheers

I don't know what year car you have but I believe the latest 8P's (from mid 2008) have a PDC grill version available with the holes already done.

10301_3.jpg

The grills have brackets fixed to the inside of the grill, you could drill the holes & bond sensors in place if need be.

Right I thought they would be part of the grill nhn

do you recon it would be easier to just get my current grill sprayed rather than messing around with fitting a already black one with no holes?

Also my parking sensors don't even work at the minute :( I just get a flashing light and a loud beep!

Depends how good your painter is, as they have been known to flake when done badly, so your choice, as for the sensor fault, you need it diagnostically checked to ascertain fault & fix.

Depending where you are, I can fit the sensors into new grill & probably fix the issue.

Ill have a chat with him and see what he thinks!

Im in Peterborough, where are you mate?

Yeah if the work commands me too lol.