1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front mount on 1.8t quattro sport

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by jamie226bhp, Nov 28, 2009.

1. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

Want to fit a front mount but fund are limited, has anyone got any experience or recomendations with cheap kits and do you lose the front fogs
  2. satans child

satans child project...satans child Moderator

i have a very nice front mount you are welcome too
  3. jcb

jcb Active Member

I have a front mount. You can keep the fogs but it becomes very tight and you need to plan your pipe routes in advance.
    lots of cheap eBay FMIC will do the job, ali pipe and couplers are much cheaper now as well
  4. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

how much and have you any pics
  5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I bet it's the size of a house knowing you Jack, How Do?
  6. Broken Byzan

Edit, failing that the 190£ Autobahn kit is fine as long as you play with the routing as stated already.

IE moving the fixed pipes up and down the couplers for more or less "gap" inside them for routage
  7. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

i'll have a look for the Autobahn kit
  8. Broken Byzan

Jamie, clutch sorted?

Look on t'Bay, some places do them for that posted and they use decent clamps too. 44NMJ do a kit, and clamps seperatly. I can vouch for the clamps as i am upgrading the ones on my older AB88 Kit
  9. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

yeah clutch done, had to just fit a standard one but the duel mass was still really good so only cost £283 supply and fit which is a bonus this close to christmas, i'll have a look on ebay as the standard one's are shit, had it on the rollers yesterday and got 182.1bhp and 209 lbs/ft getting 16psi max boost though which seems high on a standard ajl even with a n75j valve
  10. AB5QTS

AB5QTS Member

Hi Jamie,

If you check my pics in the b5 pics section (sorry could't work out how to post selected pics to the reply bit) page 2. The first is a front on with the bumper off and the 4th shows the pipes bumper on but grills out. It is an Autobahn 88 kit. The bumper which is a standard 1.8tqs, did need the brace to be chopped a bit to make it fit and the bit where the pipes run along the grills needed a bit of modding too. Nothing a small circular saw and some guts couldn't sort. Have to say though that it did need some muscle to make it fit the top pipe when installing. Might hust have been mine not sure. Also put some thick rubber between the FMIC and a/c rad. Very tight.

Hope this helps
  11. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

cheers i'll have a look, is yours 50mm or 75mm thick as there seems to be 2 widths and 2" and 2.5" intercooler in n out, if you get what i mean
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  12. Broken Byzan

The std kit is the 50mm ( 2 ") this allows the minimim amount of material to be removed to aid fitment.

I am not sure on putting rubber between the IC and condensor, i just tweaked the brackets so it sat without touching.
  13. wotto1.8t

wotto1.8t New Member

hi ive just joined this forum and its the nuts, sooo much info on tunning my 1.8t,
    im thinking of getting the ebay fmic with 2" in/outlets does it make much of a difference?
    im planning to get it remapped soon to and wondered wether i should get the kit first? any help would be great cheers guys
  14. hardhitter

hardhitter Member

Get your remap after all mods planned. That way you can have it custom mapped to get the most out of it all.
  15. wotto1.8t

wotto1.8t New Member

:icon_thumright: thats what i was thinking but thought its best to double check,
    does anyone know the real deal with n75 valves? ive heard they can help give more boost when mapped or is that just a rumour?
  16. jamie226bhp

jamie226bhp Member

got one on mine and it peaked at 16psi yesterday and i think i read somewhere that they normally peak at 12psi, sure someone here can confirm or correct me, that's on the 180bhp version
  17. Broken Byzan

yeah mine peaks .9 bar whatever that is,lol Prob around 12 psi assuming 1 bar is 14.7