1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front light washer jets

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Soupie69uk, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Soupie69uk

Soupie69uk Owner

[Sep 7, 2005]
    Hey has anyone fitted headlight washer jets to their cars?

Its just my car does not have them and i have been looking at a bumper which does.

Or do you think i should just forget about them and fill them in.

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 8, 2005]
    You will need the whole front bumper plus the water bottle and then figure out how youÂ’re going to wire it all up.

I was thinking of a relay hooked into the light with a feed off the windscreen pump, as I have to connect my RS4 bumper up.
  4. FezzR

FezzR Member

[Sep 8, 2005]
    depends how it works
    most of the VAG ones ive seen simply use a larger washer bottle stronger pump and uses the fluid pressure to lift the mechanism and spray very simple
  5. tubtub

tubtub Member

[Sep 9, 2005]
    Extra weight = slower car + if someone nerfs your front bumper, extra cost to fix it and all for what, cleaner headlamps on those few occasions when they get really flithy between car washes; how often does that happen?
  6. docurley

[Sep 9, 2005]
    The washer bottle has the second pump so that it only works when you have the lights on and pull to do your screen.

I would have thought that current pump is not powerful enough to do both but who knows.

Plus you would differently need the other pump because you would not be able to connect to anything as the pipe to the bumper jets are very large.

To mount it all up is easy as has stated the pump pushes the unit up and fires the water.
  7. Danielson

Danielson Member

[Sep 9, 2005]
    im thinking about losing mine when i go rs4 front, for the smooth look. plus thats extra weight. =)
  8. docurley

[Sep 12, 2005]
    Just looked at my old bottle and you can keep it as it as the fitting there just need to drill a small hole for the pump.