Front LED Lights

sid812

Reaction score
I have noticed something that seems wrong to me:

When lights are set to AUTO, I get BRIGHT LED front lights.
If i turn the ight control to the GREEN light icon, some of the LEDS turn off/the LEDS go dimmer.
If i turn the light control to full lights ALL the LEDS come on and the XENONS come back on.

Is this normal?

I would have thougt on the green icon, all LEDS should still stay on?

I have checked the DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS setting in the MMI and they are ste to ON.

Any help on this would be good, as the car is booked in at the dealers for a service on tuesday (and is under warranty until end of April, so can get them to sort it, if it is a problem).

Thanks!

In the side light position, by which I assume you mean the green one, the LED's should all remain on albeit in a dimmed condition. When the switch is turned to the next position the headlamps, xenons, should come on with the dimmed LED's.

Only in the DRL setting are the LED's at full brightness.

In the side light position, by which I assume you mean the green one, the LED's should all remain on albeit in a dimmed condition. When the switch is turned to the next position the headlamps, xenons, should come on with the dimmed LED's.

Only in the DRL setting are the LED's at full brightness.

On this note, I have just taken delivery of a 2.0 TDi A3 Sportback Black Edition and noticed that when the light switch is in the DRL position and I indicate left or right, the DRL's dim and then turn bright once I have finished using the indicators.

However when the lights are in the "Sidelight" or "Main Beam" position when I indicate the LED DRL's don't dim at all.

Apparently this is normal according to my Audi dealer in the UK, however I think it's a distraction, does everyone else have the same scenario and also is there anyway of modifying so that they don't dim at all when signalling?

On this note, I have just taken delivery of a 2.0 TDi A3 Sportback Black Edition and noticed that when the light switch is in the DRL position and I indicate left or right, the DRL's dim and then turn bright once I have finished using the indicators.

However when the lights are in the "Sidelight" or "Main Beam" position when I indicate the LED DRL's don't dim at all.

Apparently this is normal according to my Audi dealer in the UK, however I think it's a distraction, does everyone else have the same scenario and also is there anyway of modifying so that they don't dim at all when signalling?

It's normal, mine does the same.

Basically the LEDs are only ever at full brightness when they alone are enabled and you're not indicating. If you put the switch in sidelight mode, or the headlights are on then they dim quite a bit. When indicating when in DRL mode (or Auto in my case), they will dim on that side so the indicator is more clearly visible but, as they only dim to the same brightness they do when in sidelight mode or when headlights are on, no additional dimming is required when indicating in these cases.

I'm sure I've read that you can turn off the dimming when indicating but frankly I wouldn't want to. It's there for a reason - so oncoming traffic can see the indicator more clearly. If they didn't dim then you run the risk that other motorists wouldn't see you indicate which could obviously have dire consequences.