Front head lights

jonnysimm

jonnysimm
Reaction score
Hi I have a audi a3 2010 and was wondering if anyone can help me one of my headlights seems dull it's working but isn't anywhere near as bright as the drivers side, could it be a faulty bulb or could it be as easy as adjusting it ? I did try to adjust it last night but it didn't seem to do anything but it was in day light ? Any help would be great.

Thanks jonny

Could be a bulb... Or could be adjustment. Have a go at swapping the bulbs over and see. If not, could be that adjustment is off causing distorted aim.

Bulb swaps are a pita on these headlights, be careful not to drop the green fitment ring or bulb parts inside, they can break of aswell, you can carefully do through the arch liner, although best to remove front bumper & headlight of that way, but usually its a bulb fault & best to replace in pairs.

Bulb swaps are a pita on these headlights, be careful not to drop the green fitment ring or bulb parts inside, they can break of aswell, you can carefully do through the arch liner, although best to remove front bumper & headlight of that way, but usually its a bulb fault & best to replace in pairs.

Do i have to take the wheel arch off to change my bulbs ? And would It be worth just changing them rather than mess about changing and possibly breaking the old ones. Which bulbs would be best to get I have read about all sorts I like the look of the ones that look white and not have a hint of yellow. Thanks for the replies jonny

Yeah remove front liners to get access & light in there, I would swap out tbh & check hidsdirect for oem bulbs, don't use the cheaper £44 ones, they're quite literally shxt.

LOOKING FOR S3 DRL HEADLIGHTS
CONTACT ME PM ASAP

You've put up 5 posts offering to sell headlights, this isnt allowed, you need to use the ebay thread & classifieds section, not plaster the forum with offers to sell items, please follow the rules.

LOOKING FOR S3 DRL HEADLIGHTS
CONTACT ME PM ASAP

Please use the correct sections of the forum when looking to buy or sell items.

Reactions: NHN