Front Hard Brake Lines

mark_S3

Team Silver
Reaction score
Evening Folks...

Need some help, advice and any experience?

I have LCR Brembo's ready to go on along with Badger5 Braided Hoses.

My problem is the exsisting union joint which joins my standard flexi to hard pipe is completely seized both sides.
I've tried every way and method to unsieze but no luck. Used correct 6 sided spanner, penetrating fluid the lot.

Now my only way is new hard lines to the ABS Module. Tuffty has given me some advice and help, but just wondering who else has replace these and what's the best way to attack it?

Tuffty has advised you can buy the complete hard line with the inbuilt flexi. Think that's my plan, but the O/S/F to ABS looks a right ball ache to access..

Any advice would be kindly appreciated.
Thank You

To add a bit of context to the flexi mentioned here... its not the flexi to the caliper.... its the flexi from the ABS unit as it curves onto the bulkhead

<tuffty/>

Oops... Cheers Tuffty... Had another look, and I see where the inbuilt flexi's are along the bulkhead...
Just needing some experience or advise on what's the easiest method to replace this line. Doesn't look easy to me... Lol

I know it's behind the heatshield but wondering if anyone has a guide or pointers on how to tackle it, and what parts needing shifting to gain access...

Not had to remove the heatshield in his context so not sure what to suggest but strut brace and top charge pipe needs to come off to gain better access as does the TIP etc... essentially you want to look at removing as much easy stuff as poss to give the best access then remove the heat shielding which 'should' be fairly straight forward...

Access will be the awkward bit mate.... Bill hasn't got any cars in enough bits at the moment as they have all been put back together last week else I would try and grab some photos... I think it runs along the chassis leg too at some point so this would be the trickiest bit...

I'll try and have a look at the TT Bill has in at the moment as thats still being assembled so I may be able to get a look at where the pipe runs... I have a feeling though that you might be better off running a replacement copper line across the bulkhead and re routing once you get to the drivers side... key thing is to keep it well away from heat and to support it so it doesn't vibrate or rub

<tuffty/>

Not had to remove the heatshield in his context so not sure what to suggest but strut brace and top charge pipe needs to come off to gain better access as does the TIP etc... essentially you want to look at removing as much easy stuff as poss to give the best access then remove the heat shielding which 'should' be fairly straight forward...

Access will be the awkward bit mate.... Bill hasn't got any cars in enough bits at the moment as they have all been put back together last week else I would try and grab some photos... I think it runs along the chassis leg too at some point so this would be the trickiest bit...

I'll try and have a look at the TT Bill has in at the moment as thats still being assembled so I may be able to get a look at where the pipe runs... I have a feeling though that you might be better off running a replacement copper line across the bulkhead and re routing once you get to the drivers side... key thing is to keep it well away from heat and to support it so it doesn't vibrate or rub

<tuffty/>

Once again, Paul... Thank you for you help.

Shouldn't be too hard to remove most stuff. I don't have the smallest of hands to get into them awkward places but once i can see at the route, it should become clear.

I was thinking that it may be easier to buy the hardline complete if possible, as that way I wouldn't need to take the car to a garage to make a copper replacement as I don't have the the pipe flaring kit, etc.
If it did go to a garage as-well, it would mean they would have to fit the Badger5 Braided Hoses and Brembo's which I was planning on fitting myself.
Other option would be to remove the hardlines, and find a reputable garage nearby to use them as a template to fabricate a copper replacement.

Do you have the part numbers for N/S and O/S hard brake lines from Flexi to ABS Module?

Cheers

Part numbers should be here... (part 9 on the diag)... be aware of the variations...

http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-...e-for-models-with-anti-lock-brake-system-abs/

...but I would suggest you clarify these with a dealer... take your VIN number with you to make sure they get the right parts... make sure they tell you rather than you tell them tbh as if they get it wrong then it will get sorted but if you give them a part number and its wrong they may charge you a handling fee...

<tuffty/>

Part numbers should be here... (part 9 on the diag)... be aware of the variations...

http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-...e-for-models-with-anti-lock-brake-system-abs/

...but I would suggest you clarify these with a dealer... take your VIN number with you to make sure they get the right parts... make sure they tell you rather than you tell them tbh as if they get it wrong then it will get sorted but if you give them a part number and its wrong they may charge you a handling fee...

<tuffty/>
Cheers Paul for the advice again.... Kindly appreciated.