Front Fog LED bulbs

danb986

In awe of VCDS
Reaction score
I've enabled front fogs as DRL's and have just noticed that it's possible to get H7 LED bulbs, so I've got a few questions now.

1) Has anyone fitted these to their car yet? (I'm sure I've read about someone doing it, but can't find it through the search function)

2) Will this throw a bulb out warning? - I don't think the front fogs are cold tested, but I'm not 100% sure.
I suppose I could pull out a bulb and see what happens.

3) My front fogs as DRL's are dimmed to 40% by VCDS, will I still be able to dim the LED's? I know LED's are dimmable as my brothers car dimmed the LED sidelights he fitted when the ignition was off, and my rear Sportback LED lights have the inners dimmed to match the outers better, but I'm just wondering if they'll dim in the same way as my normal H7's.

I am aware that due to the strength of the light and also the colour temperature that they won't be as effective in fog conditions, but to be honest I've never really found that they helped anyway. It's purely a cosmetic thing, as dimming the standard halogen bulbs makes them look more brown than white. I've tried various different uprated halogens which are much brighter and whiter, but they lose their whiteness when you run them at 40% brightness.

one of uor menbers have done it use my name to search on commened topics it was quite recent

pm me, il be able to help you out with the bulbs if you need them.

Cheers, I appreciate it. I'm not holding out much hope on the cheapo ones from Hong Kong, so I'll probably be on to you for a proper set.