1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front end conversion question

bimmerman45 Jul 30, 2011

1. Ads

Ads License to drive

Yep, that's the one you need. Be careful when buying though because there is a bit of a crossover. Some 2005's are still 8P1 and some 2008's are 8P3. A few people on here have been stung when buying a 2005 bonnet and then finding it's from an 8P1.
    Unless you see the car the bonnet is coming off of, go for a bonnet from a 2006-2007 if you can, just to be sure.

2. BBlackburn

BBlackburn Member

Originally Posted by mierzwin
    Ok I will keep looking, s-line bumpers are not that often found on ebay. where did you get your one from ?

I'll have a s line bumper for sale soon from a 2007 a3, if you or anyone is interested pm me and I'll let you know the details.

3. Arnie

Arnie Member

Looking further into conversion I am considering s-line or s3 facelift like Sarah's A3

Do both use the same bonnet or S3 has a different one ?

4. Arnie

Arnie Member

ok another option for me. I have been looking online and found nice example with standard facelift bumper with some extra lip. I think it would go nice with my current sport side skirts and rear bumper.

[​IMG]

5. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

S Line and S3 uses the same bonnet but be careful, I got stung and got the wrong one. Its the one that fits the single grill but some sellers can mis-lead you. I ended up getting mine from TPS in the end, the guys there were great.

6. *Müllërz

*Müllërz REVOlutionary

that pics of a 8p3 sline is incorrect as the new sline has drls and is called a black edition it has the same front bumper as the s3 only the grill is different (no badge)and a think the bottom lip, i think the pic posted is of a 8p3 with hologen drl or a s line before the black edition