Front door card removal

concoursneil

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Has anyone any pics on this subject or audi manual diagram etc

Ive removed the 3 small screws, 1 in handle, and 1 each end at the top, i gather then that you pull the door card upwards , but it seems to be very tight, i can see the little hooked lugs behind and they are free form the door , but the panel does not pull away from the door, is there anything else holding it as i dont want to pull to hard and snap anything , then it rattles when it goes back.
I need to get at the door speaker as i think its blown, as it hums especially when first turned on , the stereo has got the dreaded processor prob so its prob killed it with volume too loud:think:

:thumbsup:

Yea i just pulled it upwards and it was fine,

this processor prob you mention, that wouldnt happen to be when the stereo volume goes to max and you have to turn it off to stop it?

fazzybear said:
Yea i just pulled it upwards and it was fine,

this processor prob you mention, that wouldnt happen to be when the stereo volume goes to max and you have to turn it off to stop it?

Yep mate thats the one , no point in repairing it , im just going to get an exchange unit , when i get round to it.

The panel seems very tight tho are there lugs along the bottom ?
What happens to the wires behind , how much slack is there?

Neil, once you have removed the screw from the handle area, the plastic bit you grab hold of pulls downwards, and there should be another 2 screws which holds the panel to the door, undo these, then pull upwards.

Cheers Jo ive dont that but still stiff , so better give it more brute force then....just seems a bit tight maybe because never been off

hows that car of yours nice and clean then lol, nothing more done to mine , but in process of making another 1 off shiny bit :cool:

Just re-read my post Neil, I'm not being too clear buddy, the grab handle bit(On my S3 anyway) pulls off after you remove the screw, and there wil be another 2 scrws, so in all, you remove 5 screws IIRC.

My car is pretty clean actually, since it came out the wrokshop about 5 days ago lol, could do with some paint correction though... I can see swirls. :(

Ah right gotcha lucky i didnt pull any harder , i was sure there would be some more hidden somewhere , cheers jo will have another go later , ive put it back together now , seek advice then away we go again . my front bumper could do with a repaint , stone chips dam nightmare , atleast we starting to see the sun now so it may be time to get it in to be done

I just proped the door card on a shoe box:icon_thumright: , couldnt see where the break was in the wiring for the window switches