Front disks and pads

Perplexer

Reaction score
I need to chaneg the front disks and pads on my 02 S3 (the pad low sign is on and the disks were picked up on the MOT because of a lip).

Any recommendations please? Audi wanted £358 parts and labour.

just DIY. look around for some tips and get the necessary tools. Easy job

Thanks. I can do these myself but was more looking recommendations for types/makes of disks and pads really.

Not much experience on discs and pads on the S3 but the previous owner put Black Diamond on mine. Seem to be holding up quite well so far.

I like Tarox as a brand though. G88's are very good.

just dont buy cheap brands...if your happy with stock buy genuine Adui...if you want to upgrade.... see the above post

Thanks for the input. There is no way I would stick cheap alternatives on this car :)

Changed the fronts on my 02 S3. Bought a set of Mintex Front Pads and Discs for £75 all in and two DIY hours to do the work. They aren't too bad, little brake dust and the same stopping power as previous OEM brakes. Will be looking at uprating the pads at some point probably try Ferodo DS first and then DS2500 thereafter.

I've just put Mintex discs and pads on mine. They seem ok, no better or worse than oem. The were £82 delivered off ebay.