1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front centre arm rest

Andy88 Aug 7, 2010

1. Andy88

Andy88 Member

I have been scowering ebay for months and can not find a replacement lid/catch for the front centre arm rest in my a3. I managed to break it the day i bought the car and have been after one ever since, i did ask at stockport audi when i had my last service and was told that i would have to buy a full new arm rest wich i did not like the idea of. But now i think its time to bite the bullet and buy it (part number?) unless anyone on here knows where i can find what im looking for, its cream leather by the way.

2. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

I'd maybe try asking another place to get a second opinion mate - surely you can just get a new catch?

I broke the armrest catch on my old Golf mk4 twice. I just got a new catch from VW for a few quid & fitted it each time...

3. Batt284

Batt284 Member

yep, same problem mate...Catch is broken so when you tilt it back it comes open. I have temporarily fixed with a bit of velcro but keep meaning to contact Audi to get a new catch. I would be seriously annoyed of a whole new armrest was required.

4. mdre83

mdre83 Member

Audi should replace this under warranty.
    I've had 2 replaced and I know others have on here too, under warranty.

5. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

Try ringing Stoke Audi who sponsor this forum. They can sort you out with a new armrest upper part.

The part number is 8P0 864 245. There is a suffix depending on the age of your car eg. D, E etc. and a further suffix for the colour. Not sure what cream is as it's not listed as cream but Stoke Audi will help.

Now the bad news - it'll cost about £62 !!!

Hope you get it sorted

Cheers

6. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

:ohmy: Ouch! The cost of Audi again! Was just a catch on my old mk4 Golf at a few quid.

£62!! :faint:

7. Andy88

Andy88 Member

thanks for the help mike, £62 !!! best make sure i take lube when i get it :|

8. daz678

daz678 New Member

I bust the catch on my armrest at the weekend & have just rang Leeds Audi. £47.24 for a new armrest lid (Black cloth).
    Got them to give me the part number so it's a quick call to TPS now to see what they can do it for.....