1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front centre arm rest

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Andy88, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Andy88

Andy88 Member

I have been scowering ebay for months and can not find a replacement lid/catch for the front centre arm rest in my a3. I managed to break it the day i bought the car and have been after one ever since, i did ask at stockport audi when i had my last service and was told that i would have to buy a full new arm rest wich i did not like the idea of. But now i think its time to bite the bullet and buy it (part number?) unless anyone on here knows where i can find what im looking for, its cream leather by the way.
  2. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

I'd maybe try asking another place to get a second opinion mate - surely you can just get a new catch?

I broke the armrest catch on my old Golf mk4 twice. I just got a new catch from VW for a few quid & fitted it each time...
  3. Batt284

Batt284 Member

yep, same problem mate...Catch is broken so when you tilt it back it comes open. I have temporarily fixed with a bit of velcro but keep meaning to contact Audi to get a new catch. I would be seriously annoyed of a whole new armrest was required.
  4. mdre83

mdre83 Member

Audi should replace this under warranty.
    I've had 2 replaced and I know others have on here too, under warranty.
  5. mike foster

mike foster Fossie

Try ringing Stoke Audi who sponsor this forum. They can sort you out with a new armrest upper part.

The part number is 8P0 864 245. There is a suffix depending on the age of your car eg. D, E etc. and a further suffix for the colour. Not sure what cream is as it's not listed as cream but Stoke Audi will help.

Now the bad news - it'll cost about £62 !!!

Hope you get it sorted

Cheers
  6. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

:ohmy: Ouch! The cost of Audi again! Was just a catch on my old mk4 Golf at a few quid.

£62!! :faint:
  7. Andy88

Andy88 Member

thanks for the help mike, £62 !!! best make sure i take lube when i get it :|
  8. daz678

daz678 New Member

I bust the catch on my armrest at the weekend & have just rang Leeds Audi. £47.24 for a new armrest lid (Black cloth).
    Got them to give me the part number so it's a quick call to TPS now to see what they can do it for.....