Front Center Arm rest has locked in the up position ??

Q-spot

Reaction score
Didn't expect to be asking this question as a newbie, but has anybody else experienced this problem. The release button doesn't seem to be springing back out and the pushing it in doesn't help either, damm annoying I!!

Had a brief look over the armrest and the hinge at the bottom of it but can't establish where to look for covers to take off to strip it down.

Any tips :uhm:

Complete forgot about doing a search :keule:.

Looks like I'll have to get it out and have a look either way. No quick fixes at the moment.

My girlfriends does this every now and then. We just pulled it REALLY hard until it popped down. Turns out that part of the ratchet insde had snapped off and was causing it to stay locked down. Given the price of replacements we just broke it so it went back down, it never goes up anyway.

You can release the armrest from its bracket by pulling out the ashtray behind it and undoing the fixing bolt.

Perhaps that will allow you to take a closer look.

Heard stories about them getting locked in position and hope it doesn't happen to mine.

Good luck with it.

Reading the repair on the above link, it looks like its a case of 2 small plasticlugs/pins that break off. So hopefully if I can get it out and repaired before xmas.

The details are here.

Arm Rest Button

It's a good link that. When mine goes, I'll be using that.

Thanks for the useful post guys.

Glad I checked in.