Front bumper

Mr K

Reaction score
whats the difference between a 1999 (facelift) front bumper and a pre facelift front bumper? reason i ask is i am in need of the black plastic peice that goes along the bottom of the bumper and curls under on my facelift A4, but i all that seems easily available is pre facelift ones and i cant see a difference (except fog lamps).

Ta

The facelift bumper has various small differences, mainly around the lower grill area, and the part you are after definately has a different part number post 1999 (>99 = 8D0807110AB3FZ vs <99 = 8D0807110H 01C). I expect the profile and tab location maybe slightly different. However It shouldn't be to hard to adjust an older one to fit, or it could be an excuse to try out something a bit different, maybe a Seat Toledo (mk1) or VR6 spoiler could be 'made' to fit... ;)

In my experience the very bottom of the bumper that wraps under the engine bay is not interchangeable between pre-facelift and facelift cars........
I fitted a facelift bumper with fogs etc to my pre-facelift car about 18 months ago and found that I needed to fit the pre-facelift lower 'lip' as it had extra air intakes to the intercooler (its a TDi) which the facelift bumper didn't have (it was off a petrol-engined car....).
The pre-facelift lip just wouldn't physically mate with the later bumper; I ended up having to modify the later lip to make it TDi-spec instead...........

Many thanks; i will look out for the right one then.