Front Bumper

darrenp

Reaction score
I have just added a couple of really nice rub marks on my front bumper - courtesy of a multi storey car park. One of them is right through the paint and the black under colour is showing. Sounds bad but is not too bad. Any advice anyone, and if the best thing is a spray job any idea how much that would be (in Ireland)?

Thanks In Advance
Darren

Could be as much as £400, depending on who does it.
If you want to keep the costs down then ask for quotes for only spraying the bumper. That way you are not paying labour costs for removing and replacing the bumper, number plate, plastics etc...
The bumper is easy enough to remove, 2 bolts located behind the front fog lights/blanking plates and release the catches on each end of the bumper. Haynes manual describes this.
Also they should be able to spray while it is still attached to the car if you remove the number plate and plastics. However this is more labour intensive for them.

It be up to you me old fruit! See what they say.

excuse my ignorance but what exactly is a blow in? and is it a good job?

If it’s a small area you can have it reapired and ’blown in’, this is where the affected area only is dusted with the right colour then a larger section covered with lacquer. It works well on some colours but not others. There’s nothing wrong with it, indeed I had to have a section done on my RS front bumper last weekend as there was a high spot in the laquer that went through to the primer when being buffed. Looks perfect now.