1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front bumper

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Mr K, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Mr K

Mr K Member

[Nov 12, 2013]
    Had to take the front off my car the other day, 'an oportunity to sort out the badly fitted bumper' I thought.
    The fit under the drivers side front wing was poor and it looked like it had popped out due to a minor knock by the PO, no paint damage etc.

In reality, rather than improving the bad side, Ive made the passenger side bad too! lol.

Its fitted with a good click and is solidly mounted, but sticks out too far and I cant see any adjustment on any of it. The drivers headlamp is also very slightly out too, but I guess I can adjust that by slackening the bolts that hold it to the radiator/headlamp panel.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Mr K

Mr K Member

[Nov 27, 2013]
    got some time on friday to take a look at this if I can work out how to improve it. currently looks like this:
    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a...5-7EB8-4B4D-B6D5-505198FAC584_zps3fl9zyry.jpg

Fairly hidious Im sure you'll agree.

Can anyone help, how do the ends clip in and align?

Also, one headlamp is slightly out of alignment to the wing, presumeably from teh same knock that had popped the bumper out. The wing and bumper etc all line up fine. Should I be looking to adjust the headlamp location on the 'lock carrier' or do you adjust them by moving the lock carrier on the car?

Any advice welcome.
  4. Lukas 1995

Lukas 1995 New Member

[Nov 28, 2013]
    [​IMG]
    Since i had to take off my bumper, notifed that only these are holding bumper in right position, hope it helped, ask more if needed ;)
    [​IMG]
  5. Lukas 1995

Lukas 1995 New Member

6. Mr K

Mr K Member

[Dec 23, 2013]
    Im a bit confused, yours doesnt look to be clipped into tight under the wing eigher?

Mine seems to be securedly 'clicked' in to the top of the brackets, but the gap is deadful. I have all the screws in the arches too. Looking at it, the entire bumper looks to be sitting a little nose down (because of the rear clips I think) and the gap under the headlamps etc is too big too.

This is really starting to bug me! lol.
  7. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Dec 23, 2013]
    the bumper shocks have a screwed bit that can be adjusted to raise the front of the bumper up.
  8. Mr K

Mr K Member

[Dec 23, 2013]
    Ah yea, and i had the bumper shocks off to put it into 'service mode' so that makes sense.

Is there a knack to clipping the sides in at the top? Maybe I just need to give them a harder hit...