1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Bumper Spraying from a can?

Priggy Dec 2, 2012

1. Priggy

Priggy New Member

I've brought a new front bumper for my a3 8L as someone hit into my car when it was parked up, and didnt even leave me a note with details and such.

I havnt got the funds to get it sprayed professionally, and am just looking for a quick solution to getting it sprayed before i decide to get a new car in the summer. Whats the best place to go for Spray paint that will actually match the colour of my car? I heard halfords are quite close.
    Also, its winter, and spraying will be a ***** so any tips on how to do it will be greatfully accepted!

cheers Priggy.

2. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

IMHO you are going about this all the wrong way Matey. I strongly suggest that if you want the best resale value for your "beloved" don't even attempt a spray can job....unless it's in the Summer and you have a bit of experience and a dust free garage unit! I think if you shop around and check the forum out you will get a few hints....but I strongly suggest that you don't consider doin it.

Good luck,
    A

3. Priggy

Priggy New Member

I understand where your coming from, i need the car for the daily trot to work you see. I would just stick the bumper on as it is, primered, but would that ruin it for when i do come to get a proffesional, or semi proffesional job done?

4. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

you will make it look ten times wores if you do it out of a can mate give some one like chipsaway a call dont think they charge alot and there work is good plus they can come to your work

5. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

Might be worth tapping up a local garage and bunging the apprentice a few quid to blow it over. I one got a whole exterior sprayed black for 80 quid after I had rubbed it all down myself.

6. DickosS3

DickosS3 Member

You could spend as much on rattle cans and for it to look pants. Take it to get done properly. Prep yourself to save a little on labour. I'm a painter myself and know how expensive paint is these days. Not a big job if the bumper is off and prepped ready for paint.