1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Bumper Splitter

marksolesbury Dec 8, 2011

1. marksolesbury

marksolesbury New Member

Hey

Whilst on the way home from work tonight, I hit something that was lying in the road.

From the look of the pile of bits at the side of the road, it was remains of a previous accident...

It made a horrendous noise as it scraped down the underside of my car...

Anyhow,

whatever I hit has put a 'cut' the front splitter.

[​IMG]

Its an 11 plate A3 S-Line in Red, and the front splitter is grey.

Question is - is this part separate, or does it only come with the entire bumper assy?

2. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

No hello no !

3. Alex 3B

Alex 3B Member

Unlucky you need to get it fixed or buy a new bumper

4. marksolesbury

marksolesbury New Member

Really....

Well that sucks.

No-one is gonna want to spend the time repairing it, so guess its an entire front bumper job.

No wonder insurance is so high, be this is gonna cost a lot by the time it sprayed and fitted.

Joy.

Thanks for the reply's.

5. essIII

essIII Active Member

That sucks. Before you write this off as a new bumper job, I've just used a combination of "Plastic Padding" from Halfrauds and Plasti dip to repair a damaged radiator grill.

For the £20 it would cost you, you could try smearing some plastic padding into and around the gash, let it dry, sand it back and then apply a few coats of Plasti-dip to cover it? There's no grey colour available in spray form though, so you might have to settle for having a black chin on the s3.

6. marksolesbury

marksolesbury New Member

Its not part of the bumper.

8P0807110D1RR £40ish +vat.

Anyone got access to a part system to check the number?