1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front bumper respray, what would you expect to pay.

paul_r Jul 20, 2010

1. paul_r

paul_r Member

Hi,

My 2005 A3 (pearlescent black) has a pretty chipped front bumper, and front edge of the bonnet. What would you expect to pay for them to repaint the whole bumper and blend it into the bonnet.

Secondly, would you expect them to remove the headlights and trim, or just mask it off.

thanks.

2. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

they will remove the bumper and grills and mask off for speaying the bonnet, usual price is between 15-200 per panel for a decent job, a blend would look awful get both done, keep in mind the paint will be softer for a little while too!

3. smythey1

smythey1 Member

heyy mate.. iv just had mine done stone chips on wings bumper an bonnent lol.. my a3 06plate is phantom black... cost me 320 all in ??

4. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

Sounds good price, i cant get mine done less than £400, thats the whole bumper, whole bonnet and tops of wings

5. smythey1

smythey1 Member

i had my fron bumper done aswell.. i always go to the same guy.. they had my car 2 an half days

6. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

I'm soon getting

Bumper
    Bonnet
    Wings
    Rear bumper
    Mirror caps
    Surround on S3 grill

All sprayed up for £500

My guy charges roughly £100 a bumper

7. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

Im also getting done this week

front bumper
    rear bumper
    rear diffuser
    bonnet
    alloys
    and a few other bits for around £400 give or take a bit!

8. paul_r

paul_r Member

Did they paint all the wings and bonnet of just part of them.

9. grimp

grimp Member

Don't you lose the 12yr paint warranty if you don't paint it at Audi?

10. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

its not a paint warranty its a corrosion warranty, and yes and no ive still had stuff approved on painted panels if you can proove that the corrosion has come from underneath or behind

11. paul_r

paul_r Member

Was that a full respray of the bumper, bonnet and tops of wings. Who was that with?

12. nik patel

nik patel Member

I would say £250 for a very good job.

13. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Regional Rep Site Sponsor Gold Supporter Audi A3 Team Brill Red

I need my bonnet done as the car has done 84k now any ideas how much that will cost

14. Kev_M5KPL

Kev_M5KPL Member

i have been quoted £300 for Bonnet and whole of front bumper which i thought was good and that is by Rob at R&R auto finishings in lincoln

15. paul_r

paul_r Member

Have you any experience of his work.

16. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

tbh you don't need it blending into the bonnet if your bonnet is ok, as I think you'll find your plastics (bumpers) are off anyway

17. Kev_M5KPL

Kev_M5KPL Member

Yh a few mates of mine have had work done and my roof was done and he has done several show winning cars.. can not fault his work ...