1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front brake pad wear-indicator wires!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_tractorman, Jul 28, 2005.

1. imported_tractorman

imported_tractorman Guest

Ive a 2000 S3 and the brake pad wear-indicator warning light has been on for 3-4 weeks. I knew it wasnt the pads, so traced it to the 2 wires that have broken and/or came loose on the caliper, in which case it has activated the warning light.

Dont really see where the 2 wires fix onto, and its only the passenger side that has the wires.

Can anybody take a pic or tell me how they are fitted on, if its a case of bypassing the calpier altogether and just joining the wires, (or earthing) that would be fine, not bothered if its working properly or not, just want the beep and warning light on the DIS to go away!!

Cheers
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Think there are actually attached to the pads in the calipers on the passenger side only.
  3. dummi

dummi smoking a6

i had the same problem when my pads wore down too much the pad sensors on both sides broke off leaving two wires, i bought new sensors and put them in with new pads, still trying to get vag com to work so i can reset the warning, but atleast you know what the wires are