1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front brake pad problems, advice needed please

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Diesel_Seb, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Diesel_Seb

Diesel_Seb Im a Pro Elephant Keeper

[Jun 27, 2009]
    hi guys, im changing my A3 front brake pads on my car and im having a few problems, first question... im looking at them but how do i loosen them to get them out??

do i need a special tool? :shrug:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

[Jun 27, 2009]
    Just undo the spring clip, then you need a 7mm allen key to undo the caliper from the carrier, lift the caliper and pads should just pop out mate.
  4. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

[Jun 27, 2009]
    you may have more problems getting the spring back on they can be tricky ish. Make sure you have taken the cap off the brake fluid reservoir and pushed the cylinder back in a little with a screw driver before you undo the 7mm allen key head bolts then keep a eye on the fluid in the res as you push them back in. Make sure to clean up the contact faces and use copper slip on the area when the pad slides. New pads will probally have a sticker on the rear,
  5. rolo tomassi

rolo tomassi New Member

[Jun 28, 2009]
    http://www.audidiy.com/

Theres a few good links here on how to do your pads. I just done mine on Friday. Its handy enough if you have the proper tools.