Front Brake Pad Change Which Ones ...

ScottyBoy

Audi A4 TDI Owner
Reaction score
hi guys

pads need doing up front this weekend badly

been told theres 2 sorts

had them priced at my local motor factors there £11 or £22 and i dont know which set they are

anyone know

and take it pads to change on the front are quiet straight forward, done plenty on fords etc

Scott

front is straight forward push the piston back type, as for what type that will depend on year and engine size I would have thought.

Best bet buy all three and then get them to refund you the two you do not use most good shops will do that.

well from what i can understand its down to brake pad is low warning ,well 1 side grinded last night and then stopped, so i had no warning light , so guessing its the non warn notification etc, pads,

mine been the 1.9 tdi b5 96 plate

no worries the audis are so damm easy to work on compared to fords its unreal , it makes ford look complicated

although some ****** **** monkey f**ker excuse my french has bodged the caliper carrier so ive had to buy one from a scrappy in dorset after ringing round for ages, the lower bolt to undo the caliper would undo but when you fit it back up it was out by 5mm and wouldnt budge for love nor money, even with a good ****** clout with a hammer ! so iam carless now till tuesday when it arrives !

other from that its a joy to work on and so easy, the coilovers will be nice to fit too compared to ford too

ive got greenstuff all round find them good at high speed but not at low speeds for some reason