Front Audi Badge

mikerd4

Reaction score
2 Questions,

1- how is it hald on
2 - anyone have the part number for it?

If you take the front grille off you will see how, it just pushes into the grille centre and is held in by clips moulded onto the badge.

Get the part number of Vagcat - is your grille the same as mine? I will do it for you tomorrow if no one else has posted it.

This is the best picture I have to hand, it shows the clip holes in the grille:

Grille001.jpg

How easy is it to remove the surround and badge without breaking the clips etc I fancy spraying them black but I also need to sort the window surrounds aswell which I am guessing is going to be difficult

Are you wanting a Black grill??

Dont bother taking the bits off, just give it a good Scotch (not a **** Up) and some Plastic primer then some Satin or Matt (whichever you prefer). Takes approx Hr-ish after few coats of Matt!!!! Job done

How easy is it to remove the surround and badge without breaking the clips etc I fancy spraying them black but I also need to sort the window surrounds aswell which I am guessing is going to be difficult

It's easy really, just take your time with a couple of different size screwdrivers to ease the clips off. The window trim is a nightmare to remove apparently, so I would just use some of the trim tape - I think I linked to some in your other thread didn't I?

The part number written on the back of my rings :)ohmy:) is 8Z0 853 605.

Whilst I had my grille apart I took the following to show how the rings fix to the grille.

Grille018.jpg

Grille020.jpg

Grille019.jpg