1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front arm rest removal

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by redspudder, Mar 15, 2009.

1. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

The clip has broken on my front arm rest,i have rang my local dealer and have been told i have to buy a new lid as the clip cant be bought seperatly,is there any where esle that sells them?ive had a look on ebay but no joy.Also i have had a quick look and cant see any fixings to loosen does anyone know how the lid comes off to allow me to change it??
  2. Les 51

Les 51 A pint of Diesel please!

You can't replace the clip, but you can replace the lid. It's not that expensive, and all you do to get it off is squeeze the 2 legs together that act as he hinge. Then it just slides out.
  3. Slinger

Slinger Member

The clip broke on mine too which is a bugger because every time my car has been in for a service / mot or whatever I come back to find all my receipts and stuff all over the floor :wacko: Anyone any idea how much the lids cost?
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mine cost £65 IIRC, probably less if you don't have leather though :salute:
  5. Les 51

Les 51 A pint of Diesel please!

Think mine was about £30-40
  6. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

I have rang the dealer and been quoted £40 inc VAT for armrest with cloth top