1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front arm rest removal

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by redspudder, Mar 15, 2009.

1. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

The clip has broken on my front arm rest,i have rang my local dealer and have been told i have to buy a new lid as the clip cant be bought seperatly,is there any where esle that sells them?ive had a look on ebay but no joy.Also i have had a quick look and cant see any fixings to loosen does anyone know how the lid comes off to allow me to change it??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Les 51

Les 51 A pint of Diesel please!

You can't replace the clip, but you can replace the lid. It's not that expensive, and all you do to get it off is squeeze the 2 legs together that act as he hinge. Then it just slides out.

4. Slinger

Slinger Member

The clip broke on mine too which is a bugger because every time my car has been in for a service / mot or whatever I come back to find all my receipts and stuff all over the floor :wacko: Anyone any idea how much the lids cost?

5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi Avant Owner Group Audi A6

Mine cost £65 IIRC, probably less if you don't have leather though :salute:

6. Les 51

Les 51 A pint of Diesel please!

Think mine was about £30-40

7. redspudder

redspudder Sparky

I have rang the dealer and been quoted £40 inc VAT for armrest with cloth top