1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front ARB bushes need changing

doublem_1 Oct 13, 2011

1. doublem_1

doublem_1 Member

I have a 52 reg A3 TDI Quattro. The front ARB bushes need replacing. I have seen different sizes (18mm,19mm,21mm) mentioned. Can anyone confirm which size I need?

2. SiGainey

SiGainey Member

Best just to go to Audi m8. Assuming you have a standard ARB, they will be able to do a lookup on your VIN and tell you which is the right part :)

3. doublem_1

doublem_1 Member

Cool, so do they supply the new bolts and brackets too?

4. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

It's normally easier just to get a full new ARB for around £70 as the collars tend to break.

5. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

They can supply bolts and clamps but they wont come with the bushes. All seperate. VIN supplied will tell you what sizes are needed

6. a3tdi2001

a3tdi2001 Member

Pretty sure they made an updated bush with a smaller hole to replace the plastic collar which can then be removed and put in the bin where it belongs. Any chance you could post the prices and part numbers if you phone the dealers as I'm after a set myself? Cheers.

7. doublem_1

doublem_1 Member

Thanks for the help people. I shall phone them up soon and report back.

8. rich4130

rich4130 Member

Just measure the ARB with some vernier calilipers, don't even need the wheels off.

Get some longer bolts, (the balljoint to wishbone ones do well) Makes it much easier

9. doublem_1

doublem_1 Member

OMG didn't think of that! Thanks :)