1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front ambient lighting

stuhow3361 Apr 4, 2011

1. stuhow3361

stuhow3361 Member

fitted the led unit yesterday and waited for darkness.disappointed with the result,can hardly see any glow from the two led's.how far through the drilled holes are they supposed to poke through in case i have them recessed too far back.

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

They should be held in place by the clips in the light housing.

Turn up the dash rheostat and they'll get much brighter!

3. stuhow3361

stuhow3361 Member

no clips on my housing -i just drilled out the pre moulded holes which the led's dropped into.had to hold the unit in place with double sided pads.also i think my dash lights are already on max.

4. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

i think you have fitted them in the holes you driled out and thats not where they go. they clip in to the part with all the other lights mate not the case you have drilled

5. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Something don't sound right here, the unit clips into the upper part and the lower cover just clips back into place and seals it,

6. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

:readit: Here is the >>idiots guide<< - no pun intended!
    Have sold over 350 kits on Ebay and never a problem fitting the LED light module. If you have not fitted into the light cluster clips you have done it incorrectly - this document of mine shows the >>clips<<.

LED illumination level is controlled by the [+] and [-] buttons on the instrument cluster for all instrument lighting with lights switched on.

On my A4 with a brushed aluminium Tiptronic gearstick surround I actually get a refel;ction from the roof leds even at low settings.

7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

The LED module clips in like so:

[​IMG]

8. stuhow3361

stuhow3361 Member

Thanks guys,problem now sorted.