Front airbags and babies

I

imported_gek

Have a nipper due in Feb, and just have a quick question regarding the front airbags on my S3.

If I turn it off via the key, does it just turn the dash bag off and do I need to do something else to disable the side bag? I've noticed a few numbered buttons in the glove box that glow a nice colour, but I have no idea what they do. I think they are airbag related /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Apologies for not checking the handbook - it's at work.

I have tried to fit the pushchair in the boot, and have to drop the 2/3 split to fit it in! Mrs will have to squeeze into the single rear seat.

God knows where the rest of the gear will go.

The key will only turn the passenger airbag off so no worry there. What size of buggy are you getting?. I had this dilemma in Jan this year but found some prams from the Quinny range will fit in the boot and the one I choose fits in aswell which is an Urban Detour from Mothercare. Hope this helps you bud and good luck for Feb.
Cheers,
Deano.

I was more concerned that the side bags would harm the baby if they went off.

We went for the Mamas and Papas A3 Pramette as it came with a free car seat.
As I said though, there is no way it would fit in the boot without dropping the back seats, and even if it had, it would have filled the boot completely. And it's supposed to be a compact one!

I think 3 wheels is the way to go to be able to fit it in the boot, but the Mrs liked this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The car seat will not fit through the gap between the front seat and the door pillar so has to go in the front.

Must be a chunky car seat to not get through the gap. Is that even with the seat slid all the way forward?
Have you tried it on the passenger side too, in case you get a bit more room on the non-steering wheel side?

We have a M+P Primo Viaggio, where you get a plastic base and the rear-facing baby seat locks into it.
The plastic part stays in the car all the time.
That fitted ok in my 1999 A3... maybe the Recaros are the problem.

aaahhhhhhh, you mean the plastic bit on the bottom of the car seat comes off!!??
It's a flat bottomed black base, but I thought it was permanently attached!

Lol, if that's the case then I feel a little silly.
Prime example of RTFM!

If it's like the M+P one we've got, then there will be some button or lever to pull that releases the carrier from the flat base. (Our carrier locks into the buggy, so you just transfer baby, in carrier, leaving flat base behind.)
Not much chance of you putting the carrier into the buggy while it still has the base on it?

Our base looks like this: http://www.arunningstroller.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Primo-Viaggio-Car-Seat-base.jpg

From what I read on the M+P site, your carrier will also be Primo Viaggio, same as ours, and should therefore detach. I think it's done using a lever under the leg part of the seat, now I think about it.

See here: this page shows the base on it's own, and the pic next to it is carrier, with base. Pic 3 is essentially what you see with carrier on it's own.
That carrier should lock into pins in the buggy that can be raised into position. When baby gets older and is no longer in baby carrier, pins in buggy should fold out of the way so they don't sit on them.

All based on the buggy and carrier we have of course...

Ok, check page 23: http://www.mamasandpapas.com/downloads/p...hchair%20V1.pdf

Thanks a lot bk1, that is exactly ours.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif