1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Airbag Light

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by CheekyMonkey1, Feb 10, 2006.

1. CheekyMonkey1

CheekyMonkey1 New Member

Hi everyone...new to this site....

Can anyone help?

My A6 Tdi Avant has a front airbag warning light by the front interior light near the rear view mirror.

Not sure if its me, but never noticed this before until now. When I switch the ignition on, the warning came on for a few seconds and reads "front airbag switched off". This illuminated in sync with the airbag light in the centre of the rev counter where it came on and went off. Is this normal for the above warning light to come on?...I tried looking in the manual but doesn't mention it.

Please help....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif
  2. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!

Yes this is normal.

The light is there to remind you that you have disabled the passenger airbag. which you need to do when you fit a forward facing child / baby seat in front passenger side (to prevent suffocation of baby if vehicvle is involved in a collision)

The keyswitch is located in the glovebox, usually on the right hand side labelled passenger air bag 'on' & 'off'. use normal flip car key to turn on and off.
  3. CheekyMonkey1

CheekyMonkey1 New Member

Doh!....cheers.
  4. barclay03

barclay03 New Member

mines is the same, except the switch is switched to on..?