2 REMOVE THESE MY 08
My11 001

3 HOLE TO FILL
My11 002

4 REPLACE WITH THESE MY 11
My11 004 :hubbahubba:

Last edited:
Reactions: sliced
For those wondering, 10mm on the rear or flat blade screwdriver... pop from side of light first! then unplug

btw! Looking good!!!! transforms the car

Reactions: SPARTAN91
OLD UNIT
M112 001

Yep thats right once the small cover is removed in the boot there is a long black plastic nut that holds the light in.I used a 13mm socket on it but you can use a screwdriver but the socket I think was easier(bolt on right of photo) then gently pull the light away from the body and the 2 pop studs should come out but do it gently.Then unclip the wiring loom.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: barnzy
looks great mate! not too sure about the extra badging though :$

Reactions: josh290, 37 and SPARTAN91
looks great mate! not too sure about the extra badging though :$

Thank's yer sorry about the badge I know many hate there A3's marked up on the rear it's a marmite subject and I like marmite,think I'm the only one who does.:blush:

Reactions: sliced
I'm obviously blind as I can't see a difference between picture 2 and 4!!

By the way, you don't need any extra tools to remove the plastic nut. There is a screwdriver in your tool kit (providing its complete) that will fit the slit in the plastic bolt :)

Maybe the new ones are a bit darker perhaps?

Yep 2010-2012 lens which I know you know are darker

Reactions: A3Kent
I don't know to be honest! I've got a Sportback so had no idea what the difference would be, I obviously knew there were newer clusters but I honestly didn't know what the difference was :) Looks good darker though

Reactions: SPARTAN91
Much better :icon_thumright:

MY11 > MY09 all day long.

Didn't dare use a screwdriver to unhook it! lol used a bit of plastic wrapped in a microfiber.

I know was very lucky indeed as I got the O/s one 3 weeks ago for £55 plus p&p and the N/s on Tuesday came up for 99p to start for 7 days I wasn't going to wait that long so I offered him £60 there and then and it arrived in the post Thursday.Haven't seen a pair of MY11 lights for auction for months.I'll keep my eyes open for you:thumbsup:

I know was very lucky indeed as I got the O/s one 3 weeks ago for £55 plus p&p and the N/s on Tuesday came up for 99p to start for 7 days I wasn't going to wait that long so I offered him £60 there and then and it arrived in the post Thursday.Haven't seen a pair of MY11 lights for auction for months.I'll keep my eyes open for you:thumbsup:

Thanks mate, there was a pair on there but they had hairline cracks in each one. No good for the OCD in me...

Thanks mate, there was a pair on there but they had hairline cracks in each one. No good for the OCD in me...

Give Nigel (NHN) a shout on here, he supplies them. They're brand new so won't be as cheap as Spartan91 got them for though.

Give Nigel (NHN) a shout on here, he supplies them. They're brand new so won't be as cheap as Spartan91 got them for though.

Yeah I know mate, I'm not willing to pay full price hence looking on eBay for used ones. Times are tough ha

MY09 LIGHTS FOR AUCTION ON EBAY FROM 19.15 :o.k:

AUCTION ENDS TONIGHT FOLKS