From the 28th of January the A13 will be a 50mph road but the new yellow camera

AudiMafia

Reaction score
From the 28th of January the A13 will be a 50mph road but the new yellow camera (average speed cameras) will be activated. It will clock your average speed from one camera to another, also the camera will be able to see if you are using your phone as well.

Critics are saying even if you are scratching your ear the camera will capture that as your using your phone and will send a fine at home

Bet they wil check if your touching the stereo as well - or maybe see if your eyes are looking towards a sat nav - anything to get some more ££££££££ - sorry, fines!

I thought the hole speed camera thing was getting shut down cause the resualts was false and it was costing money?

Your talking about the normal speed cameras and thats true because there is dispute between councils and police which they are shutting it down. But this is a new thing this calculates the average speed from the time you enter this route to the exit .

Is that just the London end of the A13 I presume?! Its funny that everyone toes it once you get past the Dagenham/built up area!

Thanks for the heads up! I will have to be extra careful when around there now

72451266_faa8fc58d0_o.jpg

Your talking about the normal speed cameras and thats true because there is dispute between councils and police which they are shutting it down. But this is a new thing this calculates the average speed from the time you enter this route to the exit .

These the yellows ons with a camera for each lane?
We had them on the A38 when they was doing road works.
Thank feck they are gone now but they are testing the new GPS cameras near my work, sneeky buggers are dull and hard to spot. :(

I hate driving nowadays, it almost like they are just trying to trip you up wherever you go to just tap more koney out of you!

I live near Southend, dash to Lakeside down the a13 is normally 20 minutes on a good run! Is it 50 all the way down?

Looks like its going to take me twice as long to get to Lakeside now then.

Like it! Probably best to stick under the ton now the cameras are there...

Anyone know how far the 50 mph zone will cover? I'm down that way sometimes. Usually not doing a ton though...

I read that the 40 sections has gone up to 50 but the 30 and 40 sections on the fly overs are staying the same.

I'll find the news story.

From the 28th of January the A13 will be a 50mph road but the new yellow camera (average speed cameras) will be activated. It will clock your average speed from one camera to another, also the camera will be able to see if you are using your phone as well.

Critics are saying even if you are scratching your ear the camera will capture that as your using your phone and will send a fine at home

NO, NO, NO, NO. Cannot be used to deal with mobile phone offences. Speeding is an absolute offence much like no insurance. Mobile phones must be witnessed and it must be proven that it was a mobile phone.

DOn't believe everything you hear.

Some Police/Councils are planning on turning their speed cameras and red light cameras off at the end of March. It should be in the local press but alot are keeping them on.

Not all the money is wasted, believe it or not. Alot is used to fund safety schemes to try to improve junctions with a high collision history, improve skid resistance on areas with high accident rates and to help educate children/adults and speeding offenders.

Not saying all go this way but not all are just money makers.