1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From S3 to 2.0tdi sportsback

JasonM Feb 5, 2005

1. JasonM

JasonM Member

Well not yet, it was supposed to be mid march, now more likey 1st or 2nd week in March,

I guess I'm gonna miss the acceleration from a standing start & the traction.

Anyone else gone this route & care to comment ?

2. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

I'm goint down a similiar route, from R32 to 2.00 TDI quattro with 170 BHP when it comes out, i couldn't stand high fuel costs. I test drove the 140 TDI and this was quite pleasing, but was not quattro so grip didn't seem as good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

3. funkycat

funkycat Member

Yeah, don't get all this petrol head stuff with the price of fuel at the pumps! I love my 2.0TDI, goes really well, keeps up with most things on an average motorway journey, quite happy at 85-90mph, with the DIS displaying a satisfactory 44mpg! Why drive anything else I say!

Just feel the petrol retailers are ripping us off charging and average 5p/litre more for diesel than petrol, they'll always try to get you some how! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif