From Optimax to Esso Supreme

Platinum70

Reaction score
Having been a fan of Shell Optimax (with the odd bit of BP Ultimate when I can't find a Shell garage) I used Esso's new Supreme unleaded for the first time today. Unlike Optimax it is true 97 Unleaded (so I am told), and refined to that grade rather than increased with octane boost like Optimax.

I am amazed at the effect of of this fuel and can honestly say the car has driven and performed better today than at any other time of owning the car. It is a shame I dont' pass many Esso garages but I would not use anything else now given the choice. And it was cheaper than both Optimax and Ultimate by around 2 - 3p per litre.

Well worth a try

I've also been using Esso Supreme or Esso Super Unleaded for a while as I don't have Optimax handy. I've also noticed that the car performs just as well, and that it is a few pence cheaper - which soon adds up when you're buying 50+litres.

I am a user of Optimax and have been for some years (Sound like some drug user!). You say Esso Supreme is 97 Ron well Optimax is 98 Ron which will actually burn better and give you better performance in theory. I havent actually tried the Esso Supreme but if you guys say its as good as it is might be worth a try...nothing ventured nothing gained!

I have used it quite regularly too it is good i gotta say and cheaper than shell and BP.

Well i think i pay 89p for Optimax at my garage. My Cousin who lives in N.Ireland near the border of donegal is so lucky. He and everyone else in the city drive across the border and with the exchange rate pay only about 50p a litre /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif