1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From Cambridgeshire - on the look out for a A3 TDI!

Scarum Nov 10, 2012

1. Scarum

Scarum New Member

Hi

I found your useful and friendly looking forum and joined... simply because I need to get a new car before my rust bucket falls to pieces!

In short I returned from working in Spain and needed a car quickly and got one which isn't comfortable for the long journeys I do for work and a rear wheel arch rim has rusted and fallen off! Only the gaffa tape keep it safe. Don't ask please, embarrassing as it is I've been saving for a Golf or A3 for some few years.

I had a Golf MKIV 10 years ago (130bhp variant) before I went to Spain and I enjoyed that car so this time I am thinking of the A3 and a diesel is essential for the miles I do a year (16k).

I've seen a A3 in the East Anglia with under 80k miles (2007) and should go and see it as soon as I can. Asking price for it is £7500 which sounds about right. Has cruise control too which is a bonus.

Hope I can update my ownership of said A3 soon!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  2. Reload

Reload Bird is the Word!

Welcome to ASN mate, just to clarify the car you looked at would be an A3, there is no S3 TDi.

3. Scarum

Scarum New Member

oh yes an A3 not S3