1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From B7 S4 to B7 RS4

Discussion in 'RS4 Forum (B5 and B7 Chassis)' started by CarlosS3S4, Aug 18, 2013.

1. CarlosS3S4

CarlosS3S4 New Member

[Aug 18, 2013]
    Hi my name is Carlos, I am from Spain.
    I am a happy owner of:
    > 2001 S3 8L revo stage 2
    > 2006 S4 B7

I bought both cars brand new and I am very happy with them; the S3 with the stage 2 is a brilliant and very exciting car; and the S4 with the V8 sound and feeling..
    But for the last months or so..I am considering a RS4 B7...I have never had the opportunity to test one but everybody says the same, a RS4 B7 is a totally diferent story.

My question is: in case I decide to buy the RS4 B7, what are the tipycal issues to take in account from this model if any???
    I have read about ceramic brakes...avoid cars with this option??? what is the wear durability??

your coments will be appreciated.

regards
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Aug 18, 2013]
    So true, I went form a B6 S4 to a B7 RS4 - the S4 is a soft boulevard cruiser compared to the RS4 which is a proper performance car. I got bored of the S4 after less than 6 months, but I still love the RS4 after over 7 years.

I don't know where you've heard that about ceramic brakes? - I've not heard about any problems with them, I'd love to have them but they were not an option when I factory ordered mine.

Things to watch for:
    - DRC leaks
    - oil cooler pipe corrosion (which normally means you have to replace the pipes and the cooler)
    - auxiliary radiator corrosion (a common problem with the S4)
    - vacuum leaks (which have a big effect on performance)