From an A3 to an S4! (incl progress pics)

Get yourself on RS246 and AudiSRS for all your S4 questions.

Most people just use the standard Audi filters, I think.

Does it have an aftermarket catback? If not, make that the first thing you spend a wedge on. Millteks can be gotten for a few hundred second-hand or about £750 brand new.

You won't regret it. Especially in the summer when the windows are open (look out for tunnels/ wide bridges too!).

Reactions: Audi-Rog
Get yourself on RS246 and AudiSRS for all your S4 questions.

Most people just use the standard Audi filters, I think.

Does it have an aftermarket catback? If not, make that the first thing you spend a wedge on. Millteks can be gotten for a few hundred second-hand or about £750 brand new.

You won't regret it. Especially in the summer when the windows are open (look out for tunnels/ wide bridges too!).

Thanks for that, I'll check the sites out :icon_thumright:

No, it has a standard exhaust, if I see a Milltek on eBay, I'll have a punt!

I've already heard it through a tunnel :wub: You don't need a stereo, do you!

I'm still getting used to it and very familiar with the petrol station! :laugh:

Rog

Quick update, to say the S4 is gone! :bye:

After much consideration, it was too much.....too much power (in the real world!) and too much money going into the tank!

Too much aggro also, as it needed loads sorting. The clutch was starting to slip and I discovered the headlight washers had been disconnected and broken, it had a small leak on the additional radiator too!

It had to go, as it was really doing my head in! To get it back to perfection (and I am a perfectionist!) would had cost me half the cars worth! So it was a no goer I'm afraid. It was great for the short time I had it though, oh well been there, done that.....on to the next!

So, I traded it in for a Skoda 2.0TFSI VRS Estate, got a great deal and this is so much more practical and economical compared to the Beast!

Here's a pic of the new car:

dscf3029800x600.jpg

dscf3033800x600.jpg

I must say I'm impressed so far, well made, very nippy indeed and shedloads of space!

Comments welcome :thumbsup:

Rog

Last edited:
:ohmy:

I wasn't expecting that when I saw your update!

Good car's Skoda's.

:ohmy:

I wasn't expecting that when I saw your update!

Good car's Skoda's.

Yeah sorry James!:laugh:

To some people, it might not be the most popular choice, but I really like the car, plus once it's been given the FREEMAN treatment it will look great!

And like you say James, they are good cars these days. I did look for an Audi A4 Avant, but for the price and age of this, I couldn't really refuse.

I'm doing an update thread on Briskoda now instead :laugh:

I'll still be around though, as this is a great site.

Rog :thumbsup:

Hi and goodbye I guess Rog! We did speak on the A3 8P forum a good while back.

I ran a VRS TFSI myself so I'm sure you'll love it, shame you had to move the S4 on, you can now say ''been there done that''

Enjoy, take care. :racer:

Hi and goodbye I guess Rog! We did speak on the A3 8P forum a good while back.

I ran a VRS TFSI myself so I'm sure you'll love it, shame you had to move the S4 on, you can now say ''been there done that''

Enjoy, take care. :racer:

No not at all, I'll stick around, really like the site, and I do remember you 4NT :thumbsup:

I won't miss the S4 to be honest, lots of power, much of which you can't use in the real world (not without visiting the petrol station earlier!) as said, had me fun now it's time to get real!

Rog