friendly fire

It is, but i dont like the way said offending pilot is being victimised, at the end of the day he made the mistake and will have to live with it. The press should really be regulated on what they're allowed to say with things like this.

Really glad its all finally being admitted, its shocking what your own government can get away with

friendly fire or friendly ******!

orders is orders - he was given the all clear after questioning several times and was told to fire

he is only a puppet so you cannot blame the pilot!

Agree with Boydie.
What p1sses me off is more evidence of how our "special relationship" is the US as pitcher, the UK as catcher... :slapped:

I'm not qualified to judge the pilots, so I won't. That said, the events do need to be investigated by those who are qualified to do so and, if necessary, action taken against them and/or their commanders.

What I do think is reprehensible is the American authorities' attempt to cover it up. I heard a quote from the US State Department saying it thought the Sun's publication of the leaked video was a criminal act. Well guess what, pal?! So was lying to a coroner's inquest by claiming it didn't exist.

Have the Americans learned nothing from Watergate? The original events are never as bad as the attempt to cover them up.

Agree with JDP on this one.

Why do they call it 'friendly fire' when in truth its more like kick your *** fire... On a serious note it is a shame especially for the family that its taking so long to get justice.

Did antbody just see the BBC news!
I feel sorry for the pilot he was doing his job and will have to live with that for the rest of his life, BUT..........

They were talking to his neighbour and that F*****g idiot said " we have to stop sucking our thumbs like we did in WW2:wtf:
:motz:What planet does he live on? obviously he's been watching to many Hollywood movies!!
I think he needs a good:asskicking:
It's crap like this that makes the relationship between us and them less wortrhwhile in my eyes!

voorhees said:
****** terrible

Very sad indeed, hopefully the family will get closure on the matter.

Pretty disgraceful how the Americans have treated the family of the soldier, doesnt help their cause really...