Oct 24, 2012
Nice one; bet you can't wait!
Bit of paperwork still to sort so not counting my chickens just yet but, with a bit of luck...
Make sure you post plenty of pics!
I will if the weather holds up this weekend
GET YOUR PICS OUT FOR THE LADS ! (and girls)
Will get pics sorted as soon as I can. In the meantime, my first impressions from the brief time I've had in it today.
I love it The interior is gorgeous, especially with the Alcantara/Leather seats. The controls are familiar and yet different in many areas and it's going to take some re-learning/training to get used to it.
Some key things I've noticed so far...
- The ride seems much better than my old S-Line, still quite firm but less 'jiggly' or 'jarring'.
- The Tech Pack is well worth the outlay. Everything is familiar from the old RNS-E and yet improved in all areas. The display looks superb and the popup screen is never going to get old
- The speech system is superb and you can do so much with it. It also integrates very well with the phone so you no longer have to store your own voice tags, it just uses recognition and matches with your phone's contact lists so you can just say "Call John Smith" or whatever. Works very well. You can also use it for navigation, again tied into your phone's contacts so just say "Navigate to John Smith" and away you go!
- The B&O sound system is very good indeed! Loads of options for customising the sound and it's obviously seriously loud. The subwoofer is fitted into the centre of the spare wheel in the boot - ingenious.
- The Alcantara/Leather seats look superb and are very comfortable. I'm also grateful that the front section of the squab is now extendable to provide a bit more support of the upper legs behind the knees.
- The new colour DIS is very nice and provides far more info than before for the telephone, music, telephone and nav systems, together with a better display.
I'll post more impressions as I use it more over the weekend and do pics when I can but if anyone has any specific questions just ask.
In the interests of balance, I should also note a few 'negatives' I've found so far:
- I don't like the loss of the centre 'cubby hole' ahead of the gear stick. There are two cup-holders there now which aren't very useful as I never drink in the car.
- The glovebox seems rather small compared to before and the lid feels very flimsy.
- The nav on the RNS-E had an option to display "north up" when zoomed out to 1.5m or beyond, but automatically switch to "direction up" when zoomed in closer than this. I used this all the time but the option seems to be missing now, which is a bit disappointing.
That's all for now
Found what looks like a weird "glitch" with the clock and DAB Radio.
Firstly, if you set the time source to GPS, there's an option for "manual daylight savings time". If you leave this unchecked then the time shows as GMT, not BST and is thus currently an hour behind. If you tick the option then it correctly adds an hour - ok fine.
But then, if you have the DAB Radio display set to show additional info, then it shows the current and following programmes together with their start times, except these times are an hour behind - they're effectively showing the GMT time, not BST.
Bit weird but then, as of 2am tomorrow morning, this won't be an issue as we'll be back on GMT again
Pics now added in a separate thread
Found another "glitch", or "oddity".
The "coming home" lights, whereby they stay on for a while after you lock and leave the car at night, only work some of the time, others they just go off immediately. Very weird - I think they have a few bugs to work out of this new tech
Don't have DAB (wanted it as an option, but the car had already left the factory when I asked for it please... ), but the exact same issue as you with regards to the GMT. It's ridiculous that in this day and age a car can't set it's clock right by itself from Radio/DAB/GPS.... My older 2009 model was manual clock too, just beyond me....
Separate names with a comma.