Free remap anyone???

D'oh! Thanks dude found it! :thumbsup:Yep 1st page sound system manual

Yep will work also.
Unplug negative terminal (-) followed by positive terminal (+), leave for half an hour, reconnect positive then negative.
Then (and this bit I read somewhere but not sure if it's necessary) switch ignition to first position and leave for 5 minutes, then start car and let idle for 5 minutes, then restart car and go for a drive.

Windows need to be reprogrammed after (wind them all the way up, release and re-press button, then wind all the way down and do the same).

thanks!!! will try but am slightly confused with the window re programming.
so you hold the lock button till they close? then release and press lock button again the the unlock button to open them fully?

thanks!!! will try but am slightly confused with the window re programming.
so you hold the lock button till they close? then release and press lock button again the the unlock button to open them fully?

Sorry, didn't explain it very well. You need to do the following:

1) Press window switch to wind window all the way down.
2) Release switch.
3) Even though window is fully wound down press and hold 'wind down' switch again for a few seconds. You will probably hear a little click.
4) Do steps 1 - 3 but this time winding the window up.
5) Do the same for all windows.

Sorry, didn't explain it very well. You need to do the following:

1) Press window switch to wind window all the way down.
2) Release switch.
3) Even though window is fully wound down press and hold 'wind down' switch again for a few seconds. You will probably hear a little click.
4) Do steps 1 - 3 but this time winding the window up.
5) Do the same for all windows.

thanks mate! so you do this with the interior switches not the keyfob it self.

appreciate that mate thanks

Actually dont release the switch for at least 5 seconds when doing this process, so wind it down holding the switch in that same position when fully down for 5 seconds, then wind it up & hold switch in position for 5 seconds, do this twice 1 after another as I find sometimes it doesnt take on the 1st go

The car learns your driving styles again & you would probably be back to square one, so in the 1st instance it may appear different, but it wouldnt most likely be a prolonged change.

The car learns your driving styles again & you would probably be back to square one, so in the 1st instance it may appear different, but it wouldnt most likely be a prolonged change.

............unless you drive like a nutter 24/7 :eyebrows:

Aythree

would it reset anything to do with the main information like when the service is due or anything to do with important info?

Tried this myself last night. Once all the ESR & power steering fault lights sorted themsleves out I went for a spin. Certainly perked the S3 up - at full chat I got that nice induction noise I had when I got a trial remap & it certainly pulled a bit better than previously.

Radio, date etc all stayed set - only had to reset the clock.

Might not last too long, but nice cheeky temporary pep up...:thumbsup:

No it wont do anything to service indicators.

Just trying this now. Will update later.

Had a moment of panic when I shut the bonnet and locked it. I forgot you can open the doors with a key!

ive had a go. cant see a vast improvement. will see how it goes.

ive had a go. cant see a vast improvement. will see how it goes.

I guess it depends what your car had 'learnt' before you did it. Mine had obviously learnt to be a lazy slob so the reset did it a world of good.
Maybe yours was already running fine.

Does it work on 54 3.2 v6 Thanks in advance

:yes:

Mine was previously owned by a woman and when i first got in it, first gear moved so slow so i took it on a carpark and redlined it in circles, now its very quick, so i might do it

lol...women eh! sheesh!!!!

lol, yeah don't do the battery pull on your's Sarah, your car will go faster and you'll end up looking something like this when you drive off....

scaredwoman.jpg