Free money

Status
Not open for further replies.

TQS

Reaction score
OK, not really it but that's what it must be like for this guy...

Ebay Link

Makes a good stocking filler i s'pose!

Mmmmm - he does have a lot of positive feedback.... wonder who on here is going to be the first.......

Would be nice if the gamble pays off in the future....

Just checked & the 50,000 dinars he's selling are currently worth £19.50, so i suppose its not a huge gamble if you do go for it...

research, come on man it's ebay... "buy it now" and all that, you'll be missing out on the oppertunity to buy such classics as the XBOX 360 photo for £470 if you start doing silly things like reading the auction or research... mad I tell you! BUY IT NOW!

JUST SEND ME YOUR MONEY if you want to loose it, i will spend it wisely on wine women and song

[ QUOTE ]
JUST SEND ME YOUR MONEY if you want to loose it, i will spend it wisely on wine women and song

[/ QUOTE ]

Bainsy, what is your No-chex email account. I'll send you some. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Well all be long buried before the iraq currency is worth having trust me my dad is saddam husein you infidels

couldnt u just go to the travel angents and buy some currency from there? at least he's not sending u fake notes then...

might be worth a gamble. I'm sure the currency will recover at some point and if not you won't lose that much.

Unless of course they ditch the old currency and start fresh.

GO for it beaker give us a progress report in 40 years time when you will have increased your money by 0%

All there is to gain from this if the Iraqi Dinar recovers is that you may be able to use the money to live like a king on in iraq for few weeks and have a cheap holiday.

Remind me what good about Iraq again?

Is it that its illegal to booze? Is it all the hot chicks in their sexy outfits? or just the thrill of risking your nappa being lopped live over the internet?

[ QUOTE ]
Remind me what good about Iraq again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Massively inflated tax free wages.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But seriously, this place will be like Saudi Arabia in ten years time. The amount of money the Americans and the EU are pumping in is astonishing.

As far as booze goes, its hard to get in Iraq due to the fact not many people drink it rather than it being Illegal, in Kuwait theres lots of warehouses that supply Western contractors/companies/military. Case of stella goes for about $13.

If anyone genuinely wants some Dinars then I guess I could look into it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

what are the chances of the currency changing or the notes changing, then becoming invalid?

unkle is that after they stop beheading westerners, lets face it the yanks will change the currency so if ppl want to by iraqy money now all i got to say is good luck

[ QUOTE ]
unkle is that after they stop beheading westerners

[/ QUOTE ]

TBH, most of the terrorists out here are either Jordanian, Iranian or Syrian. Your average Iraqi just keeps their head down and tries to earn a decent living and support his 2 or 3 wives, I now have three days off because the base Im working on is being closed for the Iraqi elections and 95% of the locals that work here would rather vote and lose wages than not vote. I doubt the same would happen in the UK.

[ QUOTE ]
lets face it the yanks will change the currency so if ppl want to by iraqy money now all i got to say is good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless something amazingly catastrophic happens, I doubt very much they would change the currency again, as far as the guys auctions goes, he was selling 50,000 Iraqi Dinar for about £34, in Iraq for used notes (prolly worth less to a collector) you could swap about $44 for the same amount....

[ QUOTE ]
couldnt u just go to the travel angents and buy some currency from there? at least he's not sending u fake notes then...

[/ QUOTE ]

The currency has not been floated yet so cannot be traded like other currencies. Only when it floats and is given a value will you be able to trade them.

[ QUOTE ]
what are the chances of the currency changing or the notes changing, then becoming invalid?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not impossible, but very unlikely.

The point of this investment is that the investment itself is minimal, so ok you could loose a couple of hundred quid if the currency gets dropped, but isn't that worth it when you compare it to the gains you could make if it DID float? We are talking 5-6 figure returns if the currency floats (if you invest in a million dinars, which cost about £560 at the moment).

Come on, we all buy lotto tickets, even though the chances of hittin are 1 in millions. I'm sure the odds of the Iraqi currency going up in value are a LOT bigger then the chances of you winning the lotto with your ticket. The point is that its an investment, so naturally there is a risk you could loose money (which is only going to be a small bearable amount anyway) if it doesn't pay off, but if it DOES, you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.