Free gifts

wiggsy

Reaction score
I'm not giving anything away.. Sorry to disappoint..

Just wondering what people have been given recently as a freebie when they collected there new car from the dealer?

I received an Audi branded umbrella when I collected my TT few years back and a pal who bought a new a1 was given a toy replica audi for for toddler to ride..

I got flowers! But also a couple of free MMI cables, which proved to be much more useful!

Got a bottle of prosecco and a bottle-opener. I don't drink so gave it away.

MMI cables would have been a lot more usefull

Travel mug, rs5 pen, teddy bear, dealership mug, big bunch of flowers for my mum as she sorted the pcp given that I'm a 21 year old student.

Oh and mmi cabels.

I got a beautiful Black

leather and pewter key chain. Really nice
A full tank of gas.

I got an 's' key ring, full tank of fuel, a load of mmi cables (still doesn't work with my iPhone though) and a weekend with an R8 to myself. Also an invite to the next rs event.. If they ever send it

I'm not giving anything away.. Sorry to disappoint..

Just wondering what people have been given recently as a freebie when they collected there new car from the dealer?

I received an Audi branded umbrella when I collected my TT few years back and a pal who bought a new a1 was given a toy replica audi for for toddler to ride..
I received a black leather and pewter key chain. (Really nice)

A full tank of gas.

The first service appointment will
Be free.

Mmi Cables.

I got a beautiful Black leather and pewter key chain. (Realky nice)

A Full tank of gas.

My first service appointmen for free

Mmi Cables

Got a gift basket, tank of fuel and they forgot to charge me the $400 it cost here for "Euro" style number plates.

When I bought my A4 used a good few years ago I got a full tank of fuel and a bottle of champagne... guess it totally depends on the dealer!

Prosecco is pretty impressive gift!!

True and it wasn't a cheap bottle :)

But I also got:
Ashtray (the fancy Audi logo one)
2 nice keychains (which I thought everybody got, but apperently not)
Previous Audi magazine (which came out a week before pick-up)

So it was a nice package.

I got a free tank of petrol, a few MMI cables and a choice of either flowers or a bottle of bubbly

I got a full tank of Diesel. Wife got a nice bunch of flowers. Bottle of Champagne. 2 MMI cables (Apple & Android). 2 key-rings.

You do realise, that you've paid for these "gifts" somewhere along the line, don't you ;)

Bottle of champagne in a nice presentation box, and the MMI cables.

Pretty happy considering they matched the carwow quote.

I just wanted to say all of these gifts are wonderful.

But the best gift is sharing our thoughts and opinions with each other.

Reactions: A3Kent
I just wanted to say all of these gifts are wonderful.

But the best gift is sharing our thoughts and opinions with each other.

:crying: I'm welling up here

Reactions: Blackwhite
I got absolutely nothing when I picked up my new S3...quite disappointing.

I got absolutely nothing when I picked up my new S3...quite disappointing.

On the contrary, it means you paid the correct price for your car, with little or no room for the dealer to be able to shower you with gifts that you paid for anyway ;)

Reactions: Philbert and elpaulio
People getting full tanks of fuel etc, isn't that just something you negotiate on the sale? For example when I bought my used A3 I ensured I got a reasonable discount on the price, the fancy ashtray, taxed and a full tank of fuel in with the sale.

When I got my car I didn't
negotiate anything. They
were given to me without
asking.

Apart from..yknow, a pretty sweet car :D

Ha! Yes, I have to say that the car has not disappointed at all :) it has totally lived up to my expectations.

Veeeeight, good point!

I got a completely free A3 1.4TFSI COD which I thought was amazing but it was the most expensive key ring I've ever bought.

Reactions: Cairnsy13, driver_tim, DommyR and 1 other person
Full tank of fuel, leather S keyring, Audi cigarette lighter torch, Large Audi teddy bear and large Audi sport mug, usb MMI, yellow lightning mmi cable. Very good haul if you ask me.

Reactions: elpaulio
I'm picking up an R8 for the weekend on Friday, seems like a good gift to me. Also got a decent discount on the car too

Reactions: OliJ
I'm picking up an R8 for the weekend on Friday, seems like a good gift to me. Also got a decent discount on the car too
I think we have a winner. Howd you manage the R8?

Not a clue to be honest, think it's because i walked into the show room knowing exactly what i wanted and placing my order there and then.. Wonder how much it's costing them to insure it seeing i'm 22.. ha

It the excess that you will be subject to if you damage it.

It's probably a £1000 excess when you sign for the car.