1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Detailing Handbooks For All!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Smoke Breather, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Smoke Breather

Smoke Breather Member

I have done a search and not found anything like this so I thought I'd stick these on here, don't know how much use they will be to you all but I know they have helped me out in the past. There is good info in them both but I think the 2nd one is the best, goes into a bit for detail and has better pictures. Click the links and save them for future reference, hope a few of you find them useful. :icon_thumright:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/pdfs/DetailersHB_BW.pdf

http://home.comcast.net/~michael.cohen1/Detailing_Hand_Book.pdf
  2. jr001

jr001 Member

Nice one Smokie.

I'm familiar with the first one and it contains a good deal of sound stuff.

The second one I'' read at some point soon, and it definetely benefits from some pics.

A welcome addition to the forum and its debates.

Now get looking for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_thumright:
  3. Smoke Breather

Smoke Breather Member

:salute:
  4. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

5. JGrant1285

JGrant1285 Sir Scouser Benitez

Is there ANYBODY who can manage to do the following in the amount of time listed? I know for a fact it'll take me atleast double the length of time that is shown here:

Although i'm having a read now, and i've picked up some good info...so i'm not knocking it!!
  6. Smoke Breather

Smoke Breather Member

I'd take them with a pinch of salt to be honest........
    I started doing mine last night. Foamed then rinsed. Washed then rinsed. Clayed then washed, rinsed and dryed. Engine bay cleaned and treated. Alloys cleaned, polished, sealed and tyres dressed. Interior vacuumed. Carpets shampooed. Leather cleaned, conditioned and waterproofed. Inside of all glass cleaned and polished. Exterior masked ready for the PC, that lot took me about 5hrs and I'll probably be spending the same time on it tonight. Still got to PC the body and seal it then do all the glass on the outside. At the moment its in a locked garage at work ready for tonights instalment.
    As much as I enjoy doing it I'm glad I don't have to do all of this every month, It'd drive me bloody mad, I can just about handle it at every 6/12 months
  7. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

Well today it took us 3 hrs to properly wash an RS6, so no, I don't agree with a lot of the timings presented, but as a whole the information presented on techniques is sound enough. :)
  8. Smoke Breather

Smoke Breather Member

Latest update.........
    Started the 2nd session of the detail last night at work, started at about 18:30 and finally got finished at 02:30 this morning!!! For those of you that can't be bothered to do the maths, that makes for a 13hr full detail. Pretty Quick really, but the car wasn't that bad to start with but had never been PC'd in its nearly 8 yrs so that took a little longer than I expected to get the standard of finish I wanted but I got there in the end and the S3 looks like new! :icon_thumright:
    So yes, totally ignore the times you have listed they're a mile out
  9. MikeA3

MikeA3 Active Member

:sign_pics: