Free coilovers if you can swap the over.?

chazd

Reaction score
i have my car up for sale and believe I may sell easier if it is not modified.

i have a set of JOM coilovers which I have been very impressed with!

now here is the catch, I am no a tech man...but if you can come to mine and put my standard suspension on you can have them free!

Am based near Portsmouth.

Hmm I'm in Portsmouth and I am a mechanic in the army, so can swap them over no problem.

Ive got sport dampers with h&r springs though.

Well if you wanted to take them off and flog on then go for it!

just want my standard suspension on as soon as really as new,company car is turning up any day after Friday.

Do you have the standard suspension? And is it an SE? Sport? Or sline?

I will let another member have dibbs first as I already have lower suspension and would rather them go to someone riding standard height, however I will happily swap over the suspension for you if you and the new owner arnt confident to do it, or even if you want me to fit a set of standard suspension for you if you have it still or get your hands on them.

Shame your not closer. Id have done it for you.

Good luck getting them swapped over. If the rest of the car is pretty standard, then yeah, id take them off. As will appeal to more people, and it not being lowered wouldnt put many people off really.

It's an s line and I have my own suspension to put on. I don't need anybody else's. good deal for somebody who knows what they are doing.

thanks for the offer, how muc would you charge to swap mine to standard?

got some alloys of which I am hoping to replace, got Cades Bern and need the s line alloys too. Other than that it is stock

Do you want swap alloys or sell them ?i got speed lines that I want to swap . So if any one interested ;) what size / offset are they ?

I have a set of genuine 18" ronals if those are what your after. These are them, not after yours however http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/wheels/audi_18_5x112/18 flared.jpg

I'm in bristol but heading down to sailsbury soon and so could drive on.. I'm intrested in the coils or chris if you want them I'd happily take your springs off of your hands.. I know how to change them although I haven't actually done it though but am mechanically minded..

edit: sorry meant sailsbury not exeter...

Last edited:
Ideally want to swap the alloys.

25d4bb0a19469bdeff5f9d7b83144a40.jpg

8x18 ET 42 iirc

I can't charge you to swap them over if your looking at giving the suspension away, I'm sure you could bring something to the party if I need a favour later on. Send me a pm and ill give you my number if you need my help.

Annoyingly I've just bought some new alloys and sold the originals.

My misses has just bought a beetle with them alloys on it, I'm not sure of the stud pattern however, I think it's 5x100 though.

Yeh beetle is 5x100. Struggling to sell as is as feel I've restricted the potential market, shame as I think it's a cracking looker!!

couldn't let you do it for nothing, it's a few hours work surely? Have dropped you a pm.

If you fancy a wheel swap I'm game with that ?! What your tyres like ? And condition of your alloys ?

If you fancy a wheel swap I'm game with that ?! What your tyres like ? And condition of your alloys ?

Tyres are in v good nick.

Wheels do have some kerbing. Want me to get some close ups for you this evening?

Here are some better pics of the wheels sam

8a18b86bac8a08019ad23bde60bb92ce.jpg

e5aef2c67d6d67392a8ddf6f3dfa96c8.jpg

dce7cb8a865251e9e0a3c3746faf255f.jpg

dbe841794e58ee50408873d2c48a278c.jpg