1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fr&r tunning ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by m19lte, Jun 11, 2013.

1. m19lte

m19lte Member

[Jun 11, 2013]
    Hi folks, not sure if this should be here !?! But does anyone have any experience with fr&r tuning in Bradford ? I'm due to get my 8l s3 mapped soon (stage 2 levels) thinking of giving these chaps a call as there local (ish) want a custom map doing though, none of this generic stuff. Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. s3gazz

s3gazz Well-Known Member

[Jun 12, 2013]
    I had a bad experience with them before they got a dyno
    m19lte likes this.
  4. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

[Jun 12, 2013]
    If you want a custom map then go somewhere that's got a great reputation for the 1.8t engine.

Bill @ badger5 is a great custom mapper and is a site sponsor....there are also a few other excellent mappers as well such as Nicki @ R tech.

If you want the best and 'none of this generic stuff' then you're going to have to travel to get it. I made a 400 mile round trip to get my map put on and my car and to have it properly checked out before anything was altered and I have no regrets in doing that.

Just out of curiosity - what's the full spec of you're car? and what are you hoping to hit bhp wise?
  5. m19lte

m19lte Member

[Jun 12, 2013]
    Cheers guys, yea just wondering as they've been popping up lately. And I'm in the process of getting mine mapped. It's an 2002 s3 8l with a bam lump, just put forged rods in and rebuilt it. Just coming out of it's running in period now, it running a custard code stage 1 ATM. Whilst doing the rods I've put in/on....
    -piperx panel filter, 3" down pipe decat, b5 3" tip, forge 008 d/v, plus mods to the bumper taking the fog lights out to cool the standard intercoolers (Don't want a big gaping fmic, don't like the look of em, and I like the original look) just toying with these ATM doing some logs and the intake temps average around mid 20°s to mid 30°s on everyday driving, and only get up to 40° when stationary.
    So were talking about ambient +20° doesn't sound too bad to me !?!
    But yea I want a full check over first and then logs and map.
  6. m19lte

m19lte Member

[Jun 12, 2013]
    Oh and bhp wise ! Not to fused mate, it runs well now, but I know it will run much better with a custom map. Just want a good smooth reliable unit.cheers