1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found this in my car.......

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by pat_986, Aug 9, 2011.

1. pat_986

pat_986 Member

[Aug 9, 2011]
    Pro Fleet tracker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You think I should remove it, or leave it be. Or, could I get any benefits from it, I.E. activate it to get some insurance benefits?? Thanks
  2. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Aug 9, 2011]
    It is what it says a Fleet tracker that enables a company to keep track of its fleet of service vehicles etc. It has no benefit to insurance etc. If you can find it that easy so can a thief :) Maybe contact the previous owner and see if they want to buy it back...Check the log book to see whos it was ?n
  3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 9, 2011]
    Its just as paddy says, a tag to track employees, lol. Iirc what you were thinking of was data tool.
  4. nicksa3

nicksa3 Member

[Aug 9, 2011]
    As Paddy says, it is a tracker used by fleet companies. I have one in my ALD lease car. Very useful for me, but won't give you any beneift at all if you're a private second-hand owner. It records all trips made in the car, recording times, mileage and location (based on the local telephone code). I then use this to note which are private and business trips on the Profleet website. I have found that on previous cars it has been left activated. I've been able to see where my old cars have ended up!
  5. pat_986

pat_986 Member

[Aug 9, 2011]
    Oh, that’s a bummer, thought I might be able to activate it?
    You think I should remove it? I presume its just plugged in and not wired into the immobilizer?
  6. JM85

JM85 New Member

[Aug 10, 2011]
    Where was this located? I have a fleet car on order & would be interested to see if this had a tracker fitted