1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found this in my car.......

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by pat_986, Aug 9, 2011.

1. pat_986

pat_986 Member

Pro Fleet tracker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You think I should remove it, or leave it be. Or, could I get any benefits from it, I.E. activate it to get some insurance benefits?? Thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

It is what it says a Fleet tracker that enables a company to keep track of its fleet of service vehicles etc. It has no benefit to insurance etc. If you can find it that easy so can a thief :) Maybe contact the previous owner and see if they want to buy it back...Check the log book to see whos it was ?n

4. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

Its just as paddy says, a tag to track employees, lol. Iirc what you were thinking of was data tool.

5. nicksa3

nicksa3 Member

As Paddy says, it is a tracker used by fleet companies. I have one in my ALD lease car. Very useful for me, but won't give you any beneift at all if you're a private second-hand owner. It records all trips made in the car, recording times, mileage and location (based on the local telephone code). I then use this to note which are private and business trips on the Profleet website. I have found that on previous cars it has been left activated. I've been able to see where my old cars have ended up!

6. pat_986

pat_986 Member

Oh, that’s a bummer, thought I might be able to activate it?
    You think I should remove it? I presume its just plugged in and not wired into the immobilizer?

7. JM85

JM85 New Member

Where was this located? I have a fleet car on order & would be interested to see if this had a tracker fitted