Found metal box behind dash. Tracker?

comdw

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Removed my dash earlier and found this metal box sat behind, not attached in any way, just sitting there loose with some wires going to it from the loom.

When I typed the numbers into google, the only references I get are to a tracker device of some kind. Anyone know better? Never had any details of such a thing when I bought the car...

21kjeis.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know how would I find out who looks after this if I wanted to register or activate it?

Otherwise was considering disconnecting and removing it... though am a bit worried that might immobilise the car!

You could try phoning tracker and give them the reg number and tell them you just bought the car and want to check if there is a tracker fitted. The car I just bought has a tracker fitted it costs £150 for the 1st year or within the first year you pay another £200 (£350) and that will be it activated for the life of you owning the car and if it has not been active for some time then you would need to get the tracker serviced which costs £99 so it all adds up and depends will you save £450 on your car insurance over the life of you having the car.

Yep, I doubt this would be cost effective for me. I might have considered it 8 years ago when I bought the car, had I known.

Tell me about it I just bought my A3 3.2v6 and I thought cool it got a tracker fitted then I phoned to get the subscription cost and thought there is no way I could save £450 on my insurance over the time I would have the car.