found a big box !

bigdavie

please speak slowly so i'll understand !
Reaction score
in my boot last night while cleaning the car it 's behind the o/s removable panel in the boot and has a multi plug going into it i think it's a sub as it was making some nice deep bassy notes !! does this seem right ?

cool ! and i thought you only got the sub's on bose equipped cars ! well you live and learn !

Yes its a sub, and an amp, i imagine in your car the sub and rear speakers are amped up, the front speakers will just be run off the headunit.

yeah the rear speakers switched off too when i unplugged the multiplug ! so do i have a bose after all ?

The bose has an extra amp mounted on the plastic sub box.

And whoever thought of amping the rears rather than the fronts needs shooting....

bigdavie said:
yeah the rear speakers switched off too when i unplugged the multiplug ! so do i have a bose after all ?

No, If it was BOSE it would say so on all the door speaker grills, and on the LCD display too when you turn the head unit on!

I also think BOSE is fully amplified....

No its not BOSE The A6 as standard has a high output system compared to other audis complete with Subs and i thinhk its either 6 or seven speaker system. Or so it says in my handbook any way.

Still i like my stereo as it is. I wasn't impressed with the bose system as i test drove a similar car equipped with bose basically your paying for the name i thought it was light on the bass and clarity was not much better than standard as it employs the standard head unit (signal processors) what you get out is only as good as what is put in anyway.

Max

Yes it is a sub, tho not a very good one, just a 6" jobby to give a tiny bit of punch, i ripped mine out as is destorted cos the rest of my system is uprated much higher it lets the rest down and can be heard!

ahh cheers for the replies folks !
to be honest i only wanted it to be a bose for a bit of bragging rights !:redface: