1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum probs?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Nessy, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

Hi,
    I only registered here on 18/10/05 and have only made 3 posts so far (this will be number 4!) but am a bit puzzled why the ability to edit my profile has disappeared from the menu bar?
    Also, having read some of the older threads on here I find there is one post in this very forum under my username dating back to June 05 (long before I ever discovered this place!) yet featuring my details like location and date of joining!(ie 18/10/05 and Cardiff)
    Are these two things linked? is there a gremlin?
    I'm stumped as to whats going on!

Paul
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

First of all Hi Nessy, and Welcome to the Forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

That's very spooky about the posts, seems like your name has popped up on some of the posts made by another user called Mowgli ??? very odd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As for editing your profile. Click on the little pic of a head on the main screen, or click on 'Your Home' at the top of this page to get there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  3. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

[ QUOTE ]
    First of all Hi Nessy, and Welcome to the Forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

That's very spooky about the posts, seems like your name has popped up on some of the posts made by another user called Mowgli ??? very odd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As for editing your profile. Click on the little pic of a head on the main screen, or click on 'Your Home' at the top of this page to get there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thanks for the welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    The thing is, whenever I click 'your home' all I get is the forum index screen, nothing else!
    I also find it odd that if a forum eg diesel forum has 25 pages I can't read further than page 12.....
    It's as if I have sufficient rights to post under my username , but not to edit my profile, if you see what I mean....
    Cant help thinking that this anomally is linked with the fact that some posts by another user (you say Mowgli?)
    are linked to my stats like date of joining/location.
    I'm hoping a mod can help sort this one out perhaps....

Paul

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PS I don't get a symbol with a head on it anywhere either.....
  4. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Hello and welcome.
  5. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

The ability to edit my profile seems to have mysteriously returned! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Still have no idea why my ID has been mixed up with another user though....
  6. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore