1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Navigation

Discussion in 'Site Support & Announcements' started by Kontraband, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Kontraband

Kontraband Active Member

OK,

am I missing summat here?? Its been one of them days....

If i log on to http://www.audi-sport.net/index/ and select FORUM I get the /vb index of latest posts.

So, cool. I check out the latest posts.

I can also go directly to my chose sub-forum is theres a post that in the latest list otherwise I click FORUM again, and it gives me the full sub-forum breakdown.

This is where it seems wrong now...

So I go to the New A3 forum http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=44 and read/reply whatever and then want to get back to the full sub-forum breakdown....

but I can't... without going back to the top level audisport.net foum and then click forum again.

The full breakdown of sub-forums and the forum itself should be on different levels?

I have also seen Audi-Sport.net > Audi-Sport.Net > The Cool Wall, where I thought clicking the 2nd Audisport.net would take me to the list of the full sub-forums.... but it doesnt? :motz:

Otherwise....nice job. :)
  2. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

OK, Not quite sure I follow mate, but this is how it works for me...

If I go to www.audi-sport.net, I get the /index/ page, which looks like this:

[​IMG]

If I click the forum link there (highlighted red), I get to a summary of what's going on and the shoutbox etc...

[​IMG]

...If I click the forum link on that page (again, highlighted red), I get to a full list of all the different forums on the board.
    If I hit the banner at the top (highlighted blue), I get back to the 'front' /index/ page.

So assuming I hit forum, I can then pick the one I wish to read (to use your example, the 8P forum):

[​IMG]

I can click the Audi-Sport.net link (red) which will go back to the summary of what's going on; the Forum link (green), which goes back to a list of all the forums on the board, or hit the banner (blue) which goes back to the /index/ page (the one with news etc.).

If I click Audi Forums A3 Series (not highlighted), I get a list of the forums in that group (8L and 8P in this case).

Is that any different to what happens for you?

Rob
  3. Kontraband

Kontraband Active Member

AHHHH!!! Thanks for that... Yes, its just the way its laid out then.

Ive been looking at just using the 'forum path' to navigate once in the sub forums.

What I needed to do was click Forum to get the main page rather than the click to audi-sport.net to then click forum.

What I was thinking was the navigation should be in a straight path... so

Audi-Sport.net > Forums > Audi Forums A4 Series > A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)

rather than having to click the word?!