1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forge Valve

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by nicks3, Sep 14, 2009.

1. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Sep 14, 2009]
    Is it recomemnded to install the Forge valve as a replacement for the OE Audi valve on a 2009 car with the revised Audi valve which is being remapped? Also is there any louder turbo/wastegate noise from the Forge valve?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

[Sep 14, 2009]
    As with most things there are mixed opinions on this subject: some are running the OE revised DV with no problems. The subject is being discussed here and there doesn't seem to be a marked increase in noise from the aftermarket item; what I have learned is that as a closed loop system you want get an a typical BOV noise from the system anyway.

As for recommended, I haven't seen it listed as a requirement for mapped cars in the same way as TBE/CAI, etc.

For me, I don't see the need for it so far and will just move to the OE revision piece when necessary and save c. £100.
  4. KRL

KRL Member

[Sep 14, 2009]
    The S3 already has the DV remotely located to the front of the engine bay which makes it less likely to tear. I would stick with the OEM DV and then only change it if you get a problem which will be unlikely.
  5. nicks3

nicks3 Member

[Sep 14, 2009]
    Thanks I will stick with the OE one then.