1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forge twintake for 2.0 turbo experiences

Paul_S3 Nov 6, 2010

1. Paul_S3

Paul_S3 Member

Hi Guys,

I found THE forge twintake for THE S3 on the net and was wondering if this was really à good air intake. It has two intake getting more air. I am on holiday in THE states and Will get one if i find positive feedback anywhere. It is quite expensive so i want to be sure it is worth it.

Thanks for Tour help

2. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

... you're aware forge is a british company, right? And that the S3 isn't sold in the US? I'd double check if it was worth it, and that's if they even sell it over there.

Enjoy your hol!

S.

3. Paul_S3

Paul_S3 Member

Thanks for telling me but I am aware of it. Forge motorsports is located here in Orlando, near to where I am staying and I will ask them if this kit is the same for the normall 2.0 turbo engine like the A3 and Golf GTI. The price is right and because of the dollar to the euro it is interesting for me:D

4. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

i doubt it. better ask for the TT-S one.

5. Forge

Forge Member

The Forge USA shop will not carry the S3 Twintake as the car isnt sold in the USA ..The twinyake is also different to to A3 ..
    we can help you from the UK ... please use the forum discount vag10 to get the extra 10 % off

6. mkimjoon

mkimjoon Member

i never got my 10% discount when i bought it couple months ago along with some other stuff.... i ordered directly through forge site too! <MAD>

7. Forge

Forge Member

sorry you missed out .. should you order again please PM me first

8. kinson

kinson Member

Do you need to alter the engine cover in order to install the twin intake?

9. dbndude

dbndude Member

i have the twintake fitted.
    you will have to remove the engine cover!

10. Paul_S3

Paul_S3 Member

Did you notice and power gaine after fitting it.

I heard the original air intake for the S3 does it's work very good and HP gains are not noticed after installing a cold air intake. (max 5 BHP extra after custome remap)

11. AuldReekie

AuldReekie Member

The standard air intake on a standard car is perfectly adequate as you would expect. However, if and when you begin to tune the car you will need an 'uprated' CAI.

The open filters (Forge/Evoms, etc) offer in the region of ~15 bhp over standard from memory (on a mapped car) and if I recall properly the twintake/ITG Maxogen have been shown to give ~24 bhp. (EDIT: Twintake 26 Bhp&12ft/lb).

There is lots of info on these on either here or on the manufactures websites - in particular KRL posted a really good thread with dyno runs showing the increase in bhp/nm before and after fitting the twintake on his Stage 1 S3 - have a search in the 8P section.

Edit: Clicky for Twintake review.

It's probably the route I would go if I were starting from fresh.

Lots of CAI results.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  12. phil76

phil76 Active Member

I cant get your intakes review link to work mate unless its **** computer at work ?

13. Forge

Forge Member

Forge Twintake gave 17 BHP on a standard car ...so no need for modifcations for this kit , it performs straight out of the box